Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Need help with Free Video Credits

Fri, Jul 19 2019 4:33 PM (7 replies)
  • ForeverHackin
    2,310 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2018 1:47 PM

Not sure if this is the correct place for this post...I tried in the Bugs forum, but no replies yet, so here goes.

As an ex-pat living in Ecuador, I can't watch videos or take surveys on my laptop due to "regional" issues. I also tried the WGT app on my Samsung smartphone, but when I click on the "Earn Free Credits" tab, the Video selection is grayed out, as in not available. (Both laptop and smartphone were purchased here in Ecuador) Then lo and behold, I received a Samsung tablet from the States and was prompted by a buddy to try the WGT app and see if I could watch the videos there. Woo Hooooo, it worked! Pretty sure it's because the tablet was purchased in the US. (No idea, really, but that works if you are a conspiracy theorist...LOL)

Production was great for a while, I was a happy camper, watching videos and getting about 200 credits per hour...sometimes more. However I started noticing a cycle. I'd watch 10 videos, then get a "Sorry" message and I couldn't watch any more. I'd have to completely close the app (without logging off WGT) and then reopen the app, then I'd get another 10 videos...repeat, repeat, repeat...This cycle has now degraded to...open app, watch ONE video, get "Sorry" message, close app, reopen app, watch ONE video, get "Sorry" message, close app, etc, etc, etc...What the heck...why can't I watch a string of videos any more????

COME ON WGT....HELP A GUY OUT!!!! (like that's really gonna happen)

Question: How does one "rollback" the WGT app and reload a previous version on a Samsung tablet??? I noticed that I was getting plenty of videos before the last app update. 

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Tue, Aug 7 2018 8:08 AM

Sounds like the same experience most of us are having on the wgt app. Just gotta hang in there and keep trying it mate. Unfortunately there's no way to run previous versions, when the app opens it checks to make sure it is the current version.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Tue, Aug 7 2018 10:18 AM

it has nothing to do with the version of WGT mobile you are using. This started when WGT switched from Fyber to Unity Ads for the 2 credit videos on Mobile. The videos since the switch have been hit or miss. I was able to watch 30 on the 8/6. But most of the time since the switch I have only been able to watch 3 or so then get the message no videos available. 

• ForeverHackin
    2,310 Posts
    Tue, Aug 7 2018 10:39 AM

Thanks B2B, I've been given a tip to reset the Advertising ID before reopening the app and that now gives me 4 videos to watch before the "Sorry" message. Oh well, I'll just keep grinding them out. 

AussieMick11:
    Sounds like the same experience most of us are having on the wgt app.

File this under - Misery loves company...LOL

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2018 11:58 AM

borntobesting:
    switched from Fyber to Unity Ads

I was completely unaware of this, since for ages my account had errors. Just checked - account info is back, and sure enough, Unity.

My tablet (Fire 10) is suffering from the grey out problem. I can get 10 or so credits every couple of hours on both Stax and Nox. 

I sponsor a bunch of stuff in the CC. I still have a pretty good sized balance, but am certainly spending more that I'm getting. Hopefully, WGT/Unity will get it back together. 

• DadsArmy1x
    55 Posts
    Fri, Jul 19 2019 1:51 AM

On my phone I reset "AD ID" under settings, google.Then everything runs fine. But I don't have that available to me while using Tensent Buddy. 2 ads max

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Fri, Jul 19 2019 11:19 AM

ForeverHackin:
    I've been given a tip to reset the Advertising ID

Good tip. That's what I do. Sometimes you will have to reset the ID more than once, all depending how many videos you watch.

• kipdog87
    2,046 Posts
    Fri, Jul 19 2019 4:33 PM

Here's another tip, try spending a quid or 2 if you wish to improve your game, just a thought.

Mick

RSS