Forums

Help › Forums

Re: equipment purchases

Wed, Sep 12 2018 1:53 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • NicklausJack
    111 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2018 7:53 AM

Well, to each his own, I guess. I would of spent $150.00 USD for everything in my bag (including the bag) on stuff that I can't feel or touch. For that kind of loot, you can go to a place like GlobalGolf and get a used TaylorMade M2 driver, a nice set of Wilson Staff irons, or a Scotty Cameron putter. While some are obsessed with a video game, I'd much prefer the one you play outdoors with real clubs and balls. 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2018 9:44 AM

NicklausJack:

Well, to each his own, I guess. I would of spent $150.00 USD for everything in my bag (including the bag) on stuff that I can't feel or touch. For that kind of loot, you can go to a place like GlobalGolf and get a used TaylorMade M2 driver, a nice set of Wilson Staff irons, or a Scotty Cameron putter. While some are obsessed with a video game, I'd much prefer the one you play outdoors with real clubs and balls. 

That's gaming.  

Triple A titles are going in upwards of $100 + US dollars these days.  People find what they enjoy and will either pay or not pay for it.  

One doesn't have to use real money for this game, but if you have aspirations to compete in the upper levels and potentially earn your way financially, you'll either need to get really good really fast, or get the wallet out.

I'm with alosso, now that equipment upgrades aren't really necessary if i don't do well enough at tourney's or RG's to cover ball costs, I just get out the wallet.  Sure, sometimes I'll aimlessly click on videos and earn 100 or 200 cr while sitting at my desk all day, but for the most part ball purchases either come from tourney winnings or my investment in the game.

Not really much different than investing in that next EA / Call of Duty game. 

• Faz2000
    93 Posts
    Sun, Aug 19 2018 11:19 PM

I find that through scratching together minor winnings from free tourneys and doing lots of surveys I can keep myself in half-decent golf balls, and have filled the bag with OK clubs for my level.

Alas now I'm into the 6 month-2 year exercise to level up to the next sticks worth having, I think. :(

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2018 11:43 AM

Then there is the elephant in the room. WSnipes11 is in South Africa. Since I live in the US I have had access to all of the videos from the now defunct carousel, lots of surveys, "free" credits for purchases from vendors, as well as my current go to: videos on a mobile device.

Other counties often do not have the same access to "free" that I do. But in some cases they have different opportunities. Seems that I read that in the UK  a gambling site gave credits for making bets. (That could be my bad memory and would not happen in the US) How one acquires credits then will depend on home.

Fortunately the game can be played without making many equipment purchases. What would be nice would be one or two tournaments set every week where only starter equipment was allowed. There also have been tournaments set that used specific equipment. One or two of these could also benefit players unable to purchase the "best" equipment.

Overall it is the competition that makes this game good. Personal competition ( can I score better today than I did yesterday)  as well as head to head. It is unfortunate that sometimes competition is stifled by wealth or lack thereof. 

Perhaps this is why some in the WGT community will make gifts after rounds, sponsor Country Club tournaments, or donate to organisations such as The Gift of Golf  Foundation Or Christmas in July.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2018 5:55 AM

callaghan159:

I watch the 2 credit videos and get no less than 500 credits a day

You know you're correct here.  I've been clicking on videos all day while at work for the past few days and it's pretty much paid for a sleeve of balls.  No brainer.  :)

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2018 7:18 AM

NicklausJack:

And the course you play allows you to play for free? 

• weejockpopeye
    6 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2018 1:53 AM

Yep that's the way I do it! 2 credits a video ain't much but it ain't adds up 

• PAGES
RSS