Help › Forums

Re: Tiger's Sunday Red Thread

Mon, Aug 13 2018 8:45 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WGTJudgeSmails
    259 Posts
    Sun, Aug 5 2018 12:59 PM

fireman33:

Tiger and Phil do good in the early rounds but fall back a little in the later rounds. With the pressure of a pro tournament and age puts added stress in one's round. 4 days playing your best golf ever to win will put a lot of stress on your body and mind. The body does strange things under pressure and stress.

I know they train and train for the events. I my younger year I played golf as much as I could but 4 rounds back to back would put a hurting on me now.

What you think?

I think when one man is battling arthritis and the other has had multiple surgeries over the past decade, there is a lot reasons to believe this. I'm not sure I'm there yet because I'm a homer and grew up with them, but seeing Phil win makes me think that there are weeks you can play with no pain. I still believe Tiger has a few more wins in him, but I think there are certain places those wins need to happen at though.

Judge Smails

• WGTJudgeSmails
    259 Posts
    Sun, Aug 5 2018 1:02 PM

jason01291:

Tiger Back nine today 😱😈👿😈

I might have forgotten about this thread because of that back 9, that scorecard has all sorts of markings on it.

Judge Smails

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sun, Aug 5 2018 1:19 PM

To start, Tiger and Phil are both better golfers than I could imagine ever being and they have had incredible careers... but the hype regarding them now playing heads up in a match play just feels more like a marketing gimmick than two players in their prime...

If they had done this 15 -18 years ago when it might have meant something but it doesn't even sound like they are putting up their own money...  that would be like me asking WGT to put up the credits for my match play against someone else... nothing to lose right... am sure they will have a cut of the media/tv deal/sponsorship, etc... it is a win win for them no matter what... 

I am sure some will follow and see how it pans out, but really sounds like it is a bit late in the grand scheme of things and maybe more like two players moving past their prime looking for another way to squeeze some marketing money out of sponsors … hard to really say... but you never saw them or heard of anything like this years ago when it would have been far more exciting...

• WGTJudgeSmails
    259 Posts
    Sun, Aug 5 2018 3:07 PM

el3n1:

To start, Tiger and Phil are both better golfers than I could imagine ever being and they have had incredible careers... but the hype regarding them now playing heads up in a match play just feels more like a marketing gimmick than two players in their prime...

If they had done this 15 -18 years ago when it might have meant something but it doesn't even sound like they are putting up their own money...  that would be like me asking WGT to put up the credits for my match play against someone else... nothing to lose right... am sure they will have a cut of the media/tv deal/sponsorship, etc... it is a win win for them no matter what... 

I am sure some will follow and see how it pans out, but really sounds like it is a bit late in the grand scheme of things and maybe more like two players moving past their prime looking for another way to squeeze some marketing money out of sponsors … hard to really say... but you never saw them or heard of anything like this years ago when it would have been far more exciting...

I completely understand why they wouldn't put up their own money, but that is not what I want to see. I want to see straight head-to-head match play and the winner walks away with the other players $10 million. Also, not sure why they think Thanksgiving is the time to try this out. The only reason I tolerate my family that time of year is because football is on, there is no way I'm turning off Thanksgiving football for an exhibition.

Judge Smails

• RANGER1988
    1,058 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2018 7:15 PM

Man oh Man, what could have been today! 0/9 fairways hit on the front nine, but an absolutely amazing back nine and still only lose by two strokes to Koepka, most solid finish by The Man in a few years there, very nice to see him playing well again from time to time!

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2018 7:28 PM

Tiger played some good golf today, the best in a long time. He needs to work on his driver though, he was all over the place with that. 

• ladyfromdallas
    1,221 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2018 4:13 AM

Can't stand Tiger But Jack N. is the true man.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2018 8:45 AM

Tiger's driver was unpredictable on the front 9. Made some fabulous shots to get out of trouble.

Back 9, he was hitting the fairways and did pretty good. 17 He had to go for it, he needed Eagle and it did not happen.

Great Tournament and great to see Tiger relevant

• PAGES
RSS