Forums

Help › Forums

Re: See-Click

Mon, Aug 13 2018 7:33 AM (8 replies)
  • SplashLewis
    358 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2018 12:25 PM

Nice concept.  but different meter speeds?

I try to do this without the aid.  When i follow the meter from start to finish, yes...HUGE  missses.

If i try to just "window" my view, like your software does.  I also get misses because of the different meter speeds in the equipment and the length of the stroke.

So i do a combination of both, or at least i try.  I look at the speed of the meter and then "window" the ding area and wait for the meter to show up.

• SplashLewis
    358 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2018 3:52 PM

I'm big on excel and stole your slope adjustment formula for testing.   :)

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2018 7:27 PM

Speaking anecdotally, the best way to improve Ding accuracy is to keep your eyes fixated on the Ding line.  Never, never, never (can't overstate this enough) remove your eyes from it.  Do this in conjunction with using your peripheral vision to acquire final timing.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 7 2018 5:58 AM

11BC2:

Speaking anecdotally, the best way to improve Ding accuracy is to keep your eyes fixated on the Ding line.  Never, never, never (can't overstate this enough) remove your eyes from it.  Do this in conjunction with using your peripheral vision to acquire final timing.

Exactly. When you play RL golf you don't follow the club head during your swing, you remain focused on the target--the ball. Trying to follow the meter travel with your eyes is like watching the clubhead when you swing and when you take your eyes off the target--the ball--you're going to have a hard time hitting it.

Try it for yourself. Get to a tee and try following that moving line. It will almost always stutter. Then just focus on the ball and see how much more even the meter is.  :-)

• abbielb
    1,800 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2018 3:31 PM

agree......you have to pure focus on the ding line......i dont see anything else.....its amazing how you ding it most times.....i ding badly when im not 100 % staring that little white line down.....

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2018 7:33 AM

11BC2:

+1

Also, if I might add, years ago Andyson (RIP bud) said to breathe like a sniper.  Inhale on back swing then exhale on down swing.  Results may vary in an "adult beverage" is used.

RSS