Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Driver

Mon, Sep 10 2018 12:11 PM (5 replies)
  • buddycannon
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2018 9:24 AM

I am about to purchase my first club (have been using starters).  I am about to advance to MASTER.  It is time.  I prefer a slower meter.  Suggestions are appreciated.   Thanks.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sun, Jul 29 2018 2:55 PM

L58+ Ping G25 Med/High Trajectory . You can eventually get the full set at that level and they will carry you until you reach L81 . Then you can upgrade to the true high lofted clubs and get the L81+G25s . As you move back on the tees you will begin to need the high trajectory clubs for better loft .

The G25s will begin to prepare you for that eventual move . Congrats on your move up the tiers and good luck . 

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Jul 30 2018 3:30 AM

While the G25s IRONs are the first with high trajectory and highly recommended,
    I wouldn't fixate on that driver. There, trajecory is of minor importance - length and (indirectly) straigthness are priority.

For a TP of L64 and a performance that may need some time to come to Master tier @avg. 67.00, I'd look and ask for other options, buying only when Master is a fact.

In the meantime, a good 3WD might help as a replacement for the Starter driver.

Or, ameliorate the equipment with two short wedges.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2018 5:38 PM

I would download ScottHope's Pro Shop Tables - link is available on his profile page.  It lists everything available in the Pro Shop with all their attributes, costs, and required level.

I use it to plan all purchases in advance.  When you level up to the required level, you usually are able to rent newly available clubs, which nets a 10% discount if you buy it.

Don't rush to tier up - it gets harder!

• TyMacni
    1,573 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2018 7:44 PM

Hello buddycannon ,

I highly recommend the.

TaylorMade R1 TP 9.0 White Driver (Aldila 65 shaft)(L48+)

Avg Distance 275
    Trajectory Med/High
    Precision 4.0
    Forgiveness 4.5
    Shot Shaping 0.5
    Spin 1.0
    Meter Speed 3.5

Do not let the fact it is Level 48 fool you. This club consistently over performs It's specs. 280-300+ yds average.  Precision is nice. The level of forgiveness is very, very, nice.  Many times it kept badly hit balls in a far better position than I thought they would be.   I tried/rented drivers up to level 95 ( including the Nike when it was available)  and chose to stay with this one. It is the best equipment investment I have made. I used it up to level 98, just as I was reaching Legend. I then moved up to the Level 98 version.  Read the PLAYER REVIEWS and see what others have to say. I suggest, at least, renting it and taking it for a Test Drive  (pun intended lol).

Good luck and Best Wishes,

TyMacni

• flatstick96
    208 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2018 12:11 PM

I had that L48 driver, and liked it very much.  But if you want a slower meter, get the L55 instead.

RSS