Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Surely its Time to open up Tour Champion tier

Mon, Nov 12 2018 6:11 AM (38 replies)
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2018 6:00 AM

Williams01210021:

I think the tour card/Wgt Professional would be a great idea. How to implement it? Maybe have it so that anyone who wins a WGT Weekly (champ tier) and Monthly one gets their tour card or professional status for a year. 

They could really take this far and do it well. have some big tournaments like the Wgt Majors that only tour card/professionals can enter, plus a few qualifying events to have some amateurs (not amateur tiers, anyone who qualifies)  in as well. 

As for a business sense, well lets face it alot of the top players dont need credits, they have enough for years. So do they need as many credits up for grabs for that group? Also the main thing is a new idea for the game, keeps people interested. They could do some good rewards for these players that get to this stage, i dunno their books but they got to be good, A few trips to some golf clubs or events would surely be in their budget and also free publicity to the game. Invite the people to a new course they are shooting, have a fun day event, get some social media attention. Look at some of the big online games like Fortnite. They do so much stuff for some of their top players. Yes this is golf so for most not as exciting but would still get alot of extra attention. 

I like what you're sayin' here Williams...makes good sense to me.

Cheers!  :)

• adrob2
    591 Posts
    Fri, Jul 27 2018 7:39 AM

Good ideas.  This has probably been mentioned before, but WGT could handicap the courses as well.  Use something like slope and rating to give a better or "true" average to players.  Obviously, shooting a 58 from the reds on Kiawah light winds is not the same as shooting a 58 from the tips in heavy winds at Chambers Bay.  Some type of adjustment to those scores might help give more true averages and ability assessment to players.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2018 1:34 AM

Would certainly be good for comparison of players' skills, but would the company need that?

/methinks that they have what they want, the long grind to collect the necessary rounds and the ease of red tee tournaments to help players achieve new tiers where new equipment is due.

Why invest in changes without ROI?

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2018 5:06 AM

alosso:

Would certainly be good for comparison of players' skills, but would the company need that?

/methinks that they have what they want, the long grind to collect the necessary rounds and the ease of red tee tournaments to help players achieve new tiers where new equipment is due.

Why invest in changes without ROI?

Yep as I basically said.....................Prove to the company how a change would increase profit or very least not diminish it and they might start listening.  Red tee champs charging a clash brings in some $s in a game desperate for those $s.

@adrob.............Nice ideas but here HCs would get mullered out of exploitations sight even v real life.  

• rl2203
    744 Posts
    Sun, Oct 28 2018 3:53 AM

Williams01210021:

Surely the time has come to open up the next tier, There is clearly some people that have taken the game to a new level, I have only been a champion myself for a week but have thought this needed doing for the last year or so. I would say there is a good amount of players that would be fine going into this new tier group. For me personally i would say anyone who has earner over 5k carer earnings so half a million credits! 

People with these silly averages of like 49 etc should be in it to. Bring in some new tournaments for them, Even do somthing special like a tour season or somthing. Give the other normal champions a chance to play to win stuff. 

I know i will get all the people saying i have only just made champ bla bla bla but im saying this because i dont want to spend the next 2/3 years coming in 457th or what ever in a tournament. God to think what some of the bad champions end up in say the monthly wgt one. 

Open up the new tier and add some unique stuff to it so they get their reward for being in it. Plus will help keep people interested as somthing to aim for. Im sure alot of people are board out there, being a champ, not being able to compete in ready go's or brackets because lets face it, the top 10-20 players just win them all the time, Its not hard to see that its the same faces. 

Of course Wgt wont do this because this would mean they would have to give away more credits..... might even be 400 for making tour champ and winner of a weekly might get more than 360!!! 

You have players out there that have tens of thousands of credits just sitting there, they dont need anything else, they just keep playing the ready go's and big tournaments and winning. Again this would mean wgt would lose money as some of the normal champions who hit around 60 not 52/53 would make some credits and not have to buy them! 

Its well overdue, open it up, put the top 200 or so in it, make it so average of say 53 is needed, make somthing unique for them as a reward for getting that far and thin out the champion tier abit. 

+1

• Swede56
    128 Posts
    Sun, Oct 28 2018 11:18 AM

Just want to say I'm glad that someone brought this up..

If this were a free game I would wrap up, but it is not!!!

Ev1 is his own. I've been playing this for many years now. Became Tour Legend 2014 07 15  Champion  2016 03 18. I've learned a lot about this game, my average 56,98, but it doesn't help much. The game has become so much more difficult lately. Same opinion among  playing  friends.

I have better gear now and the experience,  but I  don't play as freq. as be4.

I've tried to challenge other champions just like you, but feel  like a newbie in their company..lol

I don't understand how they can play like that, no matter the conditions.

I just made -8 on Pebble Beach.   It made me happy and thrilled. It was so long ago i were allowed to play like that..I totally agree with you, I don't know how they do it, but let all with silly low average play in an  own division or in a new tier so that players like us can play in equal conditions..

Non Cheater

• rl2203
    744 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2018 3:07 PM

Looks there is a glimmer of hope that TC tier will open soon - the free november monthly tourney at Kiawah (18h) has a TC tab and offers 3000cr for that tier. Of cource nobody played there (maybe Iconion will give it a try) but it looks like they are testing it ....

I have never seen that before (a results tab for tour champs) but maybe I have overlooked it. That would be a nice xmas present (at least for me) if they populate the TC tier.....

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2018 3:41 PM
    rl2203:

Looks there is a glimmer of hope that TC tier will open soon - the free november monthly tourney at Kiawah (18h) has a TC tab and offers 3000cr for that tier. Of cource nobody played there (maybe Iconion will give it a try) but it looks like they are testing it ....

I have never seen that before (a results tab for tour champs) but maybe I have overlooked it. That would be a nice xmas present (at least for me) if they populate the TC tier.....

On the mobile side, in our turf war competitions, the top 3 coin rooms, are rated "tour champion" been that way for months. Unless you have a fantastic lung capacity, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting, as there is way to much controversy, as to what the qualifications should be for that tier!!!!!
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2018 6:11 AM

if you didn't catch it in this thread... WGTchampion shared the following... he also mentioned they would be having meetings soon to discuss with... I believe I read in another thread that he was out most of the week last week which was in part why some tournaments had not been paid out...  this suggest to me those meetings took place.  Now we still may not know anything for awhile... but maybe bits and pieces are still being discussed and they are exploring what would be involved and possible implications from a business standpoint.  Seems encouraging to me...

WGTChampion:

kavvz:

How about opening Tour Champion?   Are there specific reasons why it can't be opened that you could discuss? 

I'm personally fighting for this. No news at this time. 

_CHAMPION 

RSS