Forums

Help › Forums

Re: A Real Christmas in July By WGTdbloshoe and Friends

Mon, Jul 23 2018 8:03 AM (132 replies)
  • Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 4:56 PM

'Tis a shame the Christmas in July program got a bit tarnished, but the spirit behind it will prevail. As a long time car dealer I can usually smell a scam from a mile away.The "smell" surely was there on the original thread. Carry on good guys and girls.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 5:04 PM

Ty mods fer gettin' this sorted ( as apposed to sordid ). Your actions speak well for the 
    WGT community, an' we greatly appreciate your support.

Doc :) 

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 5:14 PM

Dear Santa , I know its not Christmas in July yet as all the Santas need a few days to

" Regroup "

But some how my wish for Christmas in July 2018 I did not to ask for the gift .

It just happened .

Thank you Santa .

OPY 

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 6:00 PM

Twas the night before on a nother thread when Champ and Shoe said Who ?

Who was the good little boys and girls here in WGT land .

They sent Emails  to Icon with pic,s .

As the 3 sat watching Yancy & Chad look for places to hide a sighn .

The elves started to gather picking up the tools to make toy,s and stuff .

Hand ritten letters in Crayon that said " Please & Thank you " started to show up .

here is one .

Dear Santa , My Friend and naibor / The guy next door of 30 + years . his time came in life to move on last week . This is life and I under stand . The hurt will will tug as it does with all friends. and family  .  Some times friends are more welcome that Family ,

Santa I ask for nothing for my self as the anser is Moot .

OPY 

• Leggoman13
    8,260 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 8:11 PM

opyeuclid:

Dear Santa , My Friend and naibor / The guy next door of 30 + years . his time came in life to move on last week . This is life and I under stand . The hurt will will tug as it does with all friends. and family  .  Some times friends are more welcome that Family ,

Santa I ask for nothing for my self as the anser is Moot .

OPY 

Sorry to hear about your lost Opy,

May Santa bring you peace and relief to your kind heart and mind.

cheers

Pierre :o)

• Leggoman13
    8,260 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 8:13 PM

Luckystar5:

opyeuclid:

Was going to post on that other thread but cant.

I have some real life things going on right now and did not have the time it takes to run this event , I was happy at first to see someone else want to step up and try .  I loged on last night and saw what was happening .    I am sad .

I am sorry but some how I feel I let the WGT community down . 

OPY

You should absolutely not feel like that.  Unless you can foresee the future,  you had no way of knowing what was going to transpire.  It's being taken care of, the right way.  Chin up, and go have some fun, lots of good people taking up the slack!  ;^) 

+ 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999900000000000000000000000000000000000000

cheers 

:o)

• Leggoman13
    8,260 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 8:19 PM

Leggoman13

4,326 Posts

07-19-2018 7:22 PM

Please, can anyone point out to me the way to the Christmas in July 2018.

I seem to have lost my way.

So I can read who is looking for some Santas.

Have fun all.

cheers

WGTdbloshoe:

Hi All!

In the past Opy and MrCaddie have been gracious enough to donate their time, effort, and credits to running an amazing event that really encapsulated the generosity of the WGT Community.  This year..... What can I say.....  Disappointed?  Disgusted?  Sad?  I think at this point I am just speechless.  

Christmas in July was something I was happy to be involved with, in the past, turned into something very ugly this year.  But, out of the ashes of the dumpster fire that it turned into over the past week, we hope we can turn it into a positive experience for our players.  

With that said, we will be running our own Real Christmas in July from Monday July 23rd to July 27th.  We will be giving away Balls, Equipment, Snacks, and pats on the back.  And possibly hugs from Icon.

If anyone who gave anything away in a thread not to be named and didn't get that warm and fuzzy feeling that they should of.  Please send a message to WGTChampion and let him know you would like to participate.  We will have you help us pick players to gift items to.  

Lastly, Opy and MrCaddie if you would like to be involved in any way, please let us know.  We would be happy to have you participate.  I have a couple ideas on how you can so please reach out to Myself or WGTchampion.

- WGTdbloshoe

Thank you very much for pointing out the correct way to the Christmas in July 2018

cheers

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 11:33 PM

opyeuclid:

I have some real life things going on right now and did not have the time it takes to run this event , I was happy at first to see someone else want to step up and try .  I loged on last night and saw what was happening .    I am sad .

OPY

Absolutely not your fault some numnut made a mess of things OPY, you`re one of the good christmasapples. & don`t you forget it :)))

Bjorn

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2018 2:39 AM

Great gesture WGT.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2018 3:41 AM

opyeuclid:

OPY

Absolutely no reason for you to feel bad about what happened Opy.  A bad egg came along and took advantage of other people's good nature, nothing you could do about that.

RSS