Forums

Help › Forums

Re: background sound continues to play even after closing browser

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 23 2018 2:23 PM (4 replies)
  • dakinejunk
    33 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2018 7:55 PM

I using Safari on macOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra). When I quit out of Safari, sometimes the background music from this game continues playing. It happened prior to upgrading to macOS 10.13.6 also.

I tried looking for a process to shut down, but have not yet succeeded in finding it.

Has anyone else faced this problem and is there a solution?

Thank you!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 8:37 AM

dakinejunk:

I using Safari on macOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra). When I quit out of Safari, sometimes the background music from this game continues playing. It happened prior to upgrading to macOS 10.13.6 also.

I tried looking for a process to shut down, but have not yet succeeded in finding it.

Has anyone else faced this problem and is there a solution?

Thank you!

You might have to check and see if the gameclient is open. Hover the mouse over the safari icon on your taskbar and see whats open. Chances are the client is still open.

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 8:42 AM

Hello

Iam using a Mac too.Sometimes you hear sound because your pop up playing tab is still opened. If you want to make sure all your browser n its tab are closed, just right click the safari n you will see if any extra tabs are yet to be closed or look for a dot under safari icon (if there is none it means no tabs are opened if there is dot it means there are still some unclosed tabs)

Even after the above steps, still problem persist, Go to Apple Logo on left top side n click "Force Quit Option". then you can completely shut down the whole Safari for once n all ;)

- Carl

• dakinejunk
    33 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2018 12:28 PM

Thank you everyone! Since my last reboot, I have not experienced this problem. Next time though, I'm armed with your suggestions!

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2018 2:23 PM

RSS