Forums

Help › Forums

Re: What a Crock

Sat, Aug 4 2018 4:57 AM (24 replies)
  • fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2018 11:48 AM

Regardless of the prize, PROPS to Joe!!!!!!! AMAZING accomplishment !!!!

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2018 12:24 PM

Sheer brilliance...well done Joe.

One of our SEL players was up against you recently in World Cup, you beat him but everyone on our proboards advised him what he had been up against........Not that Tommy didn`t know anyway.

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 4:39 AM

Thank you all!

Having the gold putter is fun (I can say I have it) but I won't use it. I've already played with a 4.5 meter speed putter, after several months I came back on my old putter, the 0.5 of difference in meter speed was too big. And my current putter is the best one, I advise it to everybody!

So yes, I've got nothing from my 2 VUSO wins. A 50cr RG is even more interesting lol.

Joe

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 5:29 AM

Hey WGT stop being such cheap bas-tards.  The trip would cost you guys over $10,000 USD.  Give Joe that amount in credits.  What does he need a “virtual” gold putter for when his current putter won him Back-to-Back VUSO Championdhips.  Joe should lube that putter and give it back to you...where the sun don’t shine.  What a pitiful consolation prize...just pitiful. 👎🏻🖕🏻

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 6:22 AM

newcastleb:

TopShelf2010:

Announcement of what?

They posted the winner announcement on the News Page

ooohh    Thanks Don, never look @ the News Page and don't 'do' FB

It was also posted the WGT's main page, on the 18th.

• Bubblesimba
    179 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 1:14 PM

lonniescott711:
    Not WGTs fault just due to his countries laws

Excuse me sir, we live in a country where we can do what we want, its WGT that decided we are ineligible to come to the USA, our countrys law has nothing to do with that, we can travel wherever we want.

Joz

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 1:37 PM

It's not the travel, Joz, AFAIK, it's the laws concerning gambling etc. These may be unfortunate in Belgium for a VUSO winner...

• Bubblesimba
    179 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 2:04 PM

Alosso,

Imho, if a Belgian player qualifys for a poker tournament on Pokerstars, he gets his price.

The law here doesnt say we cant play and try, they only warn us.

Joz

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 2:52 PM

lonniescott711:

Well while looking at the latest news I see that Joe Maverick has won the US Open tournament  again. Congratulations Joe on your back to back Open wins . Unfortunately though Joe cant claim the prize . He lives in a country that disqualifies him from doing so . Not WGTs fault just due to his countries laws .

Ok all good because Joe is still a winner . But the problem that I have is how WGT is showing their congratulatory spirit towards Joe for this accomplishment . WGT has decided to award Joe a gold Max putter for winning the US Open . 

To that I say what a crock . I mean that just seems so cheap and raggedy . Does Joe deserve  something for what he has done ? Sure he does most definitely . So WGT instead of being so cheap and giving Joe something so worthless as a gold Max putter . Why not give him something worth having . 

Why not give him a full set of the new Callaway Rogue clubs . Thats right the whole new set driver 3 wood  irons and even throw in the hybrid just in case they may want it . Then throw in a dozen thats right 12 sleeves of balls ( Players Choice ) to make it right . 

If Joe were able to fully claim the prize then it would have cost WGT / Top Golf way more than that . So stop being so cheap WGT and treat Joe Maverick better than what you are doing .

Also with back to back US Open wins Joe should be elevated to Tour Champion . Any player who can win the US Open twice in a row to me is more than worthy of being a Tour Champion . So WGT when you finally get off of your behinds and start promoting players to Tour Champion . Just make sure that Joe Maverick is at the top of that list .

So just my thoughts on this matter . What say you WGT community ? Am I right or wrong for voicing this opinion . 

I agree with you 100%

I was thinking obviously the trip is out of the question,but surely there maybe 2 options that WGT could possibly do,and they are :-

1) Let him have the $500 USGA gift card or

2) Give him the credits to allow him to purchase a $500 Amazon voucher.

At least that way Joe can feel he has won something of value instead of a golden putter that he says himself he wont use.

Just my thoughts

Russell

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 11:51 PM

russellfahey:
    2) Give him the credits to allow him to purchase a $500 Amazon voucher.

I would be very pleased with that! 

RSS