Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Wolf Creek

Mon, Jan 7 2019 12:13 PM (84 replies)
  • pjctas0822
    4,549 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2018 1:29 PM

Give WGT a break most of you dont have a clue what goes into adding a course anyway. Good things come to those who wait and those that dont well who cares.

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2018 6:25 PM
     pmm711:
    P.P.S. Wolf Creek going live next week...along with Augusta National and Winged Foot.  Who'd a thunk? Triple WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!
  • pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2018 10:13 PM
    Coming soon...enough. Be patient for a STELLAR release. EDIT: Augusta National & Winged Foot...I retracted those in comments in another thread. Wolf Creek is coming but time of release is still TBD.
  • happymt
    869 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2018 3:48 AM

just think how much participation in the clash they would have if the first time they opened it was just in the clash

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2018 4:18 AM
    happymt:

just think how much participation in the clash they would have if the first time they opened it was just in the clash

If they announce it as being available for a clash only we’ll have a backdoor link to it before the clash even starts. That’s why Oakmont can still be played as you are well aware because you played it on April 22nd. :-)
  • VegasWayno
    4 Posts
    Fri, Sep 28 2018 4:47 PM

Anything new on the release?

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2018 5:54 PM

VegasWayno:

Anything new on the release?

WGTChampion has agreed to fly me out to Nevada the weekend before the launch so we can play the real course, then afterwards go to vegas and get obliterated at the expensive night clubs. 

Unfortunately I can't tell you what weekend that will be. 

Of course if asked about this Champ will deny it, can't have everyone expecting the VIP treatment. 

• VegasWayno
    4 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 11:00 AM

I have played the actual course about 10 times. Really like it. Can you give us hacks at least a timeframe of when to expect it? I thought it was coming end Sept, but no news yet. Thanks and lookout for those Vegas girls!

PS. Would love to see Bali Hai too!

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2018 3:22 PM

Any news on this ?

Good policy for companies is an advertising campain.

"Coming soon" and all that jazz.

May prevent some leaving the game as stale its become for some i would think.

Unless of course its not coming this year, then just stay quiet and let folk believe it is ;-)

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2018 3:27 AM

I guess they dont know when it will be ready Bubbs, You would think they would have some sort of time scale though. 

Your right though, it all comes down to getting stuff out there. Do a big promo for it, Bring in new faces, A big tournament to get people talking about it.

They should already be getting the next new course ready in the pipe line. (not bandon as thats 2020). 

But we all know that they dont want to go down this road of brining in a few new courses in a year. Wolf creek will just get drained and after a few months people will be board of it like the other courses. No one wants 1 fancy course a year, they want a few normal ones for varity. I have been playing 2 years. I havnt actually seen a new course so to speak. Oakmont was here when i started, Erin has been added but when Oakmont went it brings it back to the same number. If it takes another 2 years to get a new course i very much doubt i will be here to see it and alot of the older members wont be either.

As a new club we seem to get the players that are high tiers and been around for ages looking for one last club before they get to board they leave the game. All that comes down to is lack of course in my eyes.  

RSS