Forums

Help › Forums

Re: *Update* Virtual U.S. Amateur

Mon, Sep 3 2018 12:16 PM (91 replies)
  • JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 4:35 AM

DAZZA501:
    So players from ineligible countries can still buy amazon vouchers with credits. What if the winner of the VUSO won 5 million credits and he/she was then the only player eligible to buy a US Open trip voucher that could be available in the pro shop?

Or how bypassing the law :P

• RobertoH2
    6 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2018 10:05 AM

In looking at the Leader Board it seems there is something really wrong with WGT. There are a lot of scores of 53! I have to believe that scores that low are not possible without some kind of game enhancement. Do you really believe an amateur would have a score that low? 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2018 3:49 PM

RobertoH2:

In looking at the Leader Board it seems there is something really wrong with WGT. There are a lot of scores of 53! I have to believe that scores that low are not possible without some kind of game enhancement. Do you really believe an amateur would have a score that low? 

Real golf and this game have no correlation.  Therefore, it's completely possible

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2018 5:51 PM

Yes indeed, Dont get golf and this game confused. Poles apart. Still fun tho!!

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2018 6:38 PM

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2018 7:44 PM

jayw4862:

DodgyPutter:

Surly there's something they could say without any risk, "Congratulations to JoeMaverick on his great play to shoot 222 in the VUSO, the lowest by two strokes" for instance.

They must've seen this post.

Says he won last year's and this year's VUSO....and a gold putter :-)

WGT should change the way the VUSO is handled. If a player is ineligible, there should be stated prize(s) for the top scoring ineligible player, and the guaranteed trip for the top scoring eligible player.

+1

jayw4862:

I don't know what the rules are for this upcoming amateur thing. Are ineligible players going to be able to play at all? 

To get the truly best players in the top 32, it would have to include more than North American players. 

I would think it generates ball sales at the very least Jay, excluding all the ineligible players would certainly take a large chunk out of those.

N America wouldn't be completely alone, along with Canada, Norway, the UK and Ireland there's Holland, Germany, Australia and S. Korea. While the rest struggle to understand why they're excluded, "it's the fault of their countries gaming laws" being the standard answer.   yeah, right.

I know it's been a while since I was in the States, but when I was the gaming laws were also far from simple. The 50 states, DC etc. are all eligible now though I see, so I had a quick look to see what had changed

hmmm , so what is WGT, a lottery? There's hope though, the WGT scratchcard. After all with a golf club in my hand I have no chance, a scratchcard though. . . now there's a thought.

Good luck to all those who do play it, some superb scores in already.

Cheers!

Rich

• flexbomb
    380 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2018 11:28 AM

WGTicon:

Earlier this year we announced that we’d be hosting the first-ever Virtual U.S. Amateur in August, and with August coming up quickly we’ve been getting a lot of questions about this! Here are some details to get you ready to compete:

1. The Virtual U.S. Amateur IS happening – starting Aug 1!
    2. There will be 2 parts of the tournament, similar to the Virtual U.S. Open, starting with a 3-week Qualifier tournament
    3. The top 32 players from the Qualifier will be put into 2 Championship Bracket tournaments (16 players in each) to compete until there are 2 final bracket winners
    4. These final 2 players will get a trip to compete in a live final head-to-head match at Topgolf in Atlanta

Will this bracket actually be match play or just two rounds (different winds) "against" someone else?

• flexbomb
    380 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2018 9:56 AM

flexbomb:

WGTicon:

Earlier this year we announced that we’d be hosting the first-ever Virtual U.S. Amateur in August, and with August coming up quickly we’ve been getting a lot of questions about this! Here are some details to get you ready to compete:

1. The Virtual U.S. Amateur IS happening – starting Aug 1!
    2. There will be 2 parts of the tournament, similar to the Virtual U.S. Open, starting with a 3-week Qualifier tournament
    3. The top 32 players from the Qualifier will be put into 2 Championship Bracket tournaments (16 players in each) to compete until there are 2 final bracket winners
    4. These final 2 players will get a trip to compete in a live final head-to-head match at Topgolf in Atlanta

Will this bracket actually be match play or just two rounds (different winds) "against" someone else?

Hello? Does anybody work here?

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2018 11:36 AM

flexbomb:

"If you receive one of the best 32 scores in the Qualifier round to qualify for the Championship Bracket, you may play Round 1 of the Championship Bracket by logging in to the website at www.WGT.com or between 12:00 am PT August 28th, 2018 and 11:00 pm PT August 29th, 2018("Round 1"), and playing and completing the 18-hole stroke play game between 12:00 am PT August 28th, 2018 and 11:59 pm PT August 28th, 2018"

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2018 2:58 PM

RobertoH2:

These practice double what we play. They know the ins and outs of every shot on every course.

They know exactly what happens before they even hit the shot. They are just plain good 

RSS