Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The Latest WGT 'Feature'

Tue, Jul 17 2018 4:29 PM (3 replies)
  • RenoRick
    108 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2018 11:08 PM

So what's with the unknown crummy lies from the fairway resulting in off target shots?  (Maybe 2 out of 10 shots)   Is this a new feature or is it because I was Just 'promoted' to level 96?

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 12:09 PM

RenoRick:

So what's with the unknown crummy lies from the fairway resulting in off target shots?  (Maybe 2 out of 10 shots)   Is this a new feature or is it because I was Just 'promoted' to level 96?

Now that you mention it, was wondering that myself. I’ve lost many matches this morning, thought my shots were solid, like they how use to, but like you said, way off the mark. You may want to check the lie angle, and compensate, like real golf. 

All of my boom shots aren’t there this morning. Normally around 120yrds and under, I get to say Boom! but this morning, more like whaaaaat..thats computer games for you.

• RickRR
    118 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2018 6:50 AM

I noticed it last night playing Erin Hills, when I had a straight east to west wind (9 o'clock) I compensated to the east and dinged the shot and the ball went right to the aiming arrow. I thought WTH. Landed hole high but made for a longer putt.

• System3
    47 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2018 4:29 PM

It may be what I have seen many times.

You make a good shot from the fairway but the ball goes way off at maybe 90 degrees

for no reason. Always seems to happen on certain holes. There is also a rise in

front of you. Never seen or heard any evidence the ball hit the rise but I think thats what happens.  I have asked a few times but never got an answer about it.

Only way to get around it is avoid lies with a steep hill in front or use a short iron or

wedge to get by it. Erin Hills #3 IIRC is one. RSG  IIRC is another with the problem.

C U later  System3

LFOD !

RSS