Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Christmas in July 2018?

Sun, Jul 22 2018 8:20 AM (3 replies)
  • MARCJR35
    94 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2018 2:47 PM

Greetings WGT Members,

A few years ago, in July 2015, a gentleman named opyeuclid hosted an event where so called "Santa's" would go around and gift members items from the Pro Shop, clubs, balls, etc.; whatever they asked for or what the "Santa" could give them. I would love to host this event again this year. If you are feeling lucky, post below what you want and why you deserve it. Hopefully some "Santa's" will know that you were a good boy/good girl and give you a gift.

Note: You are not obligated to purchase anything for anyone, this is just a kind gesture if you are able to.

Thanks everyone!

Best Regards,

Marc (MARCJR35)

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2018 10:00 PM
    MARCJR35:
    A few years ago, in July 2015, a gentleman named opyeuclid hosted an event where so called "Santa's" would go around and gift members items from the Pro Shop, clubs, balls, etc.; whatever they asked for or what the "Santa" could give them. I would love to host this event again this year.

Marc,

Wouldn't it be a good idea to contact Opy first and determine whether or not he plans to run this event this year before you hijack it out from under him?

I started a "12 Days of Christmas" event a few years ago and due to it's popularity I also started a "Christmas in July" event. Both events became very popular and I found I couldn't manage both events. Opy had always been very helpful to me in both events and so we decided to split them up...I run the December event and Opy manages the July event.

Opy has managed the "Christmas in July" for a few years and 2015 wasn't the last one...here is a link to last years event-

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/477095.aspx

So please, before you go and offer to start an event that has been run for a few years by another player...do your homework. Opy has been doing this for a while and I think he really looks forward to it, so please don't step on his toes...unless he tells you otherwise.

MC

PS- I just realized you posted this in two different sections of the forums. What I posted above is the same response I posted in your other thread.

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Sun, Jul 22 2018 8:17 AM

WARNING ,, DO NOT REPLY , THIS IS NOT A REAL CHRISTMAS IN JULY .

THIS IS A SCAM .

OPY

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Sun, Jul 22 2018 8:20 AM

This thread will be locked , do not reply 

WARNING   WARNING  WARNING .

RSS