Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Update makes it impossible to watch videos

Mon, Dec 17 2018 11:32 AM (46 replies)
  • HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Nov 24 2018 5:17 AM

The lifeblood of WGT is advertising not equipment or ball sales. Various methods of getting "free" credits have dried up or disappeared over the years that I have played. This is especially true with the computer version of the game,

What this tells me is that advertisers have lost faith in the computer version of WGT as a vehicle to present their ads. I am certain that if WGT could convince companies that they could get a return of some kind by running short video ads, we would have the ability to watch them endlessly.

Once advertising no longer pays enough to keep the lights on, the most likely way for WGT to continue as an internet game will be through a subscription model. Think Netflix or Amazon Prime. Like global warming, this is inevitable because business abhors "free".

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Sat, Nov 24 2018 7:32 AM

Really surprised at the lack of video ads on mobile lately. For the past few weeks it has been a struggle, just a big PITA, to even get 30 to 50 credits out of it. That has been reloading Nox and the game app a half dozen times just to get that. Just as bad on the tablet. I thought that this would be prime time for earning free credits, the biggest time of the year for shopping. Thought there would be tons of product and store ads, movie ads, etc. for this time of the year. All I keep seeing are the same old crap ads for garbage game apps and Google Play apps, and half of them don't even pay sometimes, lol.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Nov 24 2018 7:40 AM

I agree that there seem to be fewer video opportunities now. But let's remember the real reason we were able to rack up so many credits is that the same videos would repeat many times over. At least, that was my experience. Also, in my area, there were a bunch of political ads just before the midterms.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Sat, Nov 24 2018 12:18 PM

Everything is working fine for me. Lots of videos to view.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Nov 24 2018 3:07 PM
    callaghan159:

That’s good to hear.
  • lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2018 9:06 AM

I dont know what happened but this last update fixed my viewing problem . Im not getting that many views but its better than none . The last time that I complained about this to C/S their reply to me was that it was due to my computer . Thats right it was my fault that I couldnt view any ads . It was because my computer was old and other garbage .

I had stopped spending credits since I couldnt earn any . So I sat on my stash and played practice rounds with the rock just for fun . Maybe they will pickup due to the coming holiday but maybe not too . The bulk of the ads were always from Supersonic and Live gamer both of which are now gone . So get in where you fit in and get what you can while you can .

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2018 11:32 AM

callaghan159:

I certainly cant complain either!

RSS