Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Callaway L100 Rogue Driver?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 3 2018 9:48 AM (4 replies)
  • SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2018 8:05 AM

Anyone has this Driver? would this be an upgrade to my L96 Driver? rates at 287yrds..thanks

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2018 8:24 AM

SlickHunter:

Anyone has this Driver? would this be an upgrade to my L96 Driver? rates at 287yrds..thanks

Yes its a very good driver . I bought it as well as the 3 wood and the irons to . Compared to what you have it will be a very good upgrade . Slower meter and good precision . It also plays very well with the rock and is forgiving to . You will like it once you get used to the meter which shouldnt take long to do . I dont think you will regret buying it I havent  . It was a nice piece of eye candy and glad that I bought it .

I still have my fusions but not playing them any more . I refuse to sell them back so retired them along with my nikes . Now just have to wait for whats coming next .

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2018 8:51 AM

These new rogues are magic sticks!  I got them, still learning them, but my avg. is dropping like a rock in water.  My avg. was 55.06, I played 2 games, shot a 28, and 29, now my avg.  is 54.96.  How?  Prior to that I played one game, and it dropped a full half point. ( i shot a 28) Does this have anything to do with the georgians area 51?  :^)  

Last night I played 3 H2H games with a friend,  he won 1, I won 1, we got discontinued somehow on the 3rd game,  but my history says that I won all 3. What's the scoop? 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2018 9:00 AM

IMO, the 98 R1 is a better driver. It's the only 8 degree driver in the PS and that gives it a decent advantage. It flies lower and is less affected by winds. With top spin on links courses, the ball rolls forever. Top spin into a head wind gets the ball on the ground sooner and it rolls. Back spin lifts it to where there is no tee that a 9 degree driver would be noticeably better. It finds fairways in spite of bad swings (within reason.)

And it's 1000 credits cheaper.  :-)

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2018 9:48 AM

Thanks guys..I can start with the Driver, hopefully the rest of the Rogue sets.

RSS