Help › Forums

Re: Nike Vapor Irons

Wed, Jun 27 2018 2:16 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • xlviii
    502 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2018 9:24 AM

bababooey1:

So what are the go to irons now? Thinking about the callaways when I hit 85. Not sure whats the best after that.

If you can handle the meter speed, I recommend the L90 Rsi2 irons...much better spin. From there, I'm going with the L100 Apex irons as they're essentially the L95 Nike Vapor irons that I see many/most of the top players using.

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2018 10:01 AM

bababooey1:
    So what are the go to irons now? Thinking about the callaways when I hit 85. Not sure whats the best after that.

Basically, the Callaways replaced the Nike equipment. That's what I would get at Level 85. 

As someone mentioned, if you can handle the meter speed of RSi2 irons at Level 90, they're great and highly recommended. I couldn't handle the meter speed. 

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2018 1:41 PM

bababooey1:

If and when you get to level 100 The Callaway Epic irons are great, The level 97 Callaway Steelheads look great on paper but the 2 times I rented them in free rental weekends I got several rather big deviations with them. 

• bababooey1
    65 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2018 1:51 PM

Thanks guys, meter speed is an issue atm I play on mobile. Maybe ill rent the tm’s at 90 and see how it goes. So at 85 i’ll grab the callaways.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2018 2:16 PM

Robert1893:

bababooey1:

Basically, the Callaways replaced the Nike equipment. That's what I would get at Level 85. 

As someone mentioned, if you can handle the meter speed of RSi2 irons at Level 90, they're great and highly recommended. I couldn't handle the meter speed. 

Good choice. I might have recommended the Taylor Made Rocket Bladez Iron set if it weren't for the strange pitching wedge distance, At 125 there isn't enough of a gap between the 9 iron and pitching wedge and there is way too big a gap between it and the 56 degree wedges, Almost requires 110 yard 54 degree wedge but then that leaves too big a gap between the 110 yard wedge and the 60 degree wedge you have, 

• PAGES
RSS