Forums

Help › Forums

Re: 60 seconds, 86 seconds, in commercials WGT? Where does it end?

Fri, Oct 12 2018 7:43 PM (9 replies)
  • Headway
    41 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 7:24 PM

"Community Help" is needed. I'm sure you do well from equipment sales to keep the boat afloat without torturing the "Community" with commercials. I mean enough with the click bait. We just want to play.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 8:56 PM

Headway:
    I'm sure you do well
    "You"? You think WGT is reading and listening here? *doubts heavily!*

"We" are the users / clients, mostly on their own here. To address such question, you better knock on their San Francisco door and find the echelon!

About the end: We've seen 180 s and 300 s commercials (sometimes prior to replays) and can't tell if that's the end...

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 10:22 PM

Ad Block or Ad Block+

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 11:59 PM

SlicedPepper:

Ad Block or Ad Block+

+1

Another good one if you just want to block ads on WGT and just use 1 browser to play WGT is Stop Ad. their free version allows you to block ads on 1 browser, Their Stop AD Pro will block ads on all your browsers and  block trackers on all your browsers as well. It is your decision if you want to pay $2.75 a month for the pro version. I just use the free version on Maxthon 3, 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2018 5:04 AM

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2018 5:33 AM

Every business has certain costs from development to salaries to rent. And every business has a way to earn income to cover these costs. Internet businesses either use some kind of subscription model (Netflix), advertising (Facebook), or in site purchasing (Amazon).

WGT is dependent on the advertising because it is very possible and highly likely that the end users (customers) never once reached into their pockets for money. ( I have never used real money to purchase high end equipment or balls)

If you want WGT to continue in its current form, you must accept that there will be advertising. Video advertising seems to work far better than static ads so you can expect more, not less, video ads.  You have control of these ads through various ad blocking software programs.

Just be thankful that WGT has not become a subscription site where you pay a monthly membership fee and get to play ad free. (At least that is the way I feel, but you might prefer paying greens fees every month.) However, I am sure that balls and equipment would not be included in these fees, just as IRL, golf courses do not include balls when you play Saturday mornings.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2018 5:40 AM

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Jun 22 2018 3:48 AM

Since I use a browser with an ad blocking feature, I have no knowledge of these longer ads.I agree that any company violating WGT's rules should be reported. It would also be nice if WGT would tell us, the end users, exactly what their rules are concerning advertising on this site.

I also wonder why WGT has no control over these advertisers. This lack of control is evident since they tell us to report the obnoxiously long ads.

• fireman33
    2,692 Posts
    Fri, Jun 22 2018 5:27 AM

Send them and e-mail.... they will get with the advertiser and have them shorten it... We must let them know there are long one's running. 

• KHarmon5
    160 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2018 7:43 PM

I quit fighting it, when I get a long ad I just open a new window and go do something else for a while then if I think about it I'll come back and play. WGT is losing a LOT of ball hits from, if more people stated doing this they would get a lot less revenue from less time played.

RSS