Re: Forfeit Wars

Mon, Feb 22 2021 1:39 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2018 1:43 PM

SlickHunter:
    What I don’t like is when they forfeit, sometimes it locks up the game,

I have never seen this to be the case... it is those individuals who intentionally do not go through the couple clicks to actually forfeit and try to exit or stall the game by not actually forfeiting that cause all the problems.  

I can at least respect the player that is considerate enough to forfeit even though sometimes it is annoying when they wait for me to tap in a short putt to do so... if you are going to forfeit anyway why make me putt?  

Anyway... yes, it is an ongoing problem... some abuse it far more than others and then there are those who are trying to lock the game up...  

If I am on a timer for sponsor apparel... I have graciously forfeited myself... no apologies there... I would rather try to get in as many games as I can and the single apparel point earned in a loss is hardly comparable for the apparel points earned with a win.  

As many have pointed out, being on a sponsor apparel timer can and does impact the decisions of some to forfeit...

That said, I think most people are addressing the frustrations of those who are being more deceitful or nefarious in their attempts by simply closing out or exiting the game which can lock it up causing the winner to lose.  

I have never noticed receiving coins that my opponent deserved to win in a match I intentionally forfeited myself in order to save time on my sponsor session.  But that is just me... if I end a game early to save a little time, I will at least be courteous enough to forfeit properly so as not to deny my deserving opponent of a win.  

• LordXeno
    17 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2018 9:19 AM

I am actually a proponent of the forfeit, mobile players are playing for silver coins or apparel cards. The more matches you can play under a free 30 minute sponsor timer, the better for the players, win or lose. If you are playing a nine hole, you don’t really care about the timer then, unless you play your very last head to head with about less than 5 minutes left, then you can slightly more apparel cards for a win. Score doesn’t matter, just win/lose. 

If you can get ten head to heads finished instead of 5(my average) , wgt loses. So when you are “mathematically “ eliminated during a single hole match- you should forfeit. 

Finishing out only costs time, and hits on your ball, as well as risk of losing a ball. It hurts nothing for the players ....  except your pride. 

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2018 11:00 AM

LordXeno:

I am actually a proponent of the forfeit, mobile players are playing for silver coins or apparel cards. The more matches you can play under a free 30 minute sponsor timer, the better for the players, win or lose. If you are playing a nine hole, you don’t really care about the timer then, unless you play your very last head to head with about less than 5 minutes left, then you can slightly more apparel cards for a win. Score doesn’t matter, just win/lose. 

If you can get ten head to heads finished instead of 5(my average) , wgt loses. So when you are “mathematically “ eliminated during a single hole match- you should forfeit. 

Finishing out only costs time, and hits on your ball, as well as risk of losing a ball. It hurts nothing for the players ....  except your pride. 

I thought when you forfeit while sponsorship is on, you also the the apparel card.

• Garygunu
    4 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 6:47 AM

I have often forfited but it cost me in points i wont be forfiting my 1st game of the day ever again. What really iritates me is players who just quit and make you wait for thier reconect before you can go on. Just rude!

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 12:27 PM

Garygunu:

I have often forfited but it cost me in points i wont be forfiting my 1st game of the day ever again. What really iritates me is players who just quit and make you wait for thier reconect before you can go on. Just rude!

What’s irritating when they leave, and it won’t load, forces me to close the app, and I don’t get anything..but what can you do, it’s all part of the game.

• BillyJacklin
    2 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 9:21 AM

My main problem is not so much those that forfeit in a coin game when they have no chance of winning, say on the last hole. Often, these are polite folk. However, what is worse in my opinion, are the 'players' that do not forfeit but just close the game, you may have to wait 15 minutes to restart. You're left hanging around until the game decides that the 'player' as forfeited. Is their not a process to speed this up?

I actually handed the 'quitter' my coins so that I could move on with the game, I suspect that is what they are hoping.

• tramilleo
    1,865 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 1:39 PM

you realize you are responding to a 3 year old post??? stop beating the horse mannnnn.

• PAGES
RSS