Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Forfeit Wars

Mon, Feb 22 2021 1:39 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • U751
    22 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2018 11:04 AM

It is painfully obvious that forfeitures in games have become a nightmare. Most of my best scores are never completed. When I am far ahead in the game especially.

I am certain the game itself can easily distinguish between someone being disconnected and when they push the forfeit button. I mean that's too easy.

I would venture to guess that the game owners would be warry of placing a penalty on players for doing it. Which I can understand. However, the practice genuinely hurts "Real Players." Also known as players who finish the game.

Still, I do believe that a tag should be assigned to forfeiters to let others know that these specific player have forfeited purposely more than 3 times in a week. A red ball or something with an option to ignor any challenge by them. In other words, as the game is about to load, the game warns other players that this is a forfeiter. And, an option NOT to play them is granted. This way the forfeiters get ignored by a lot of players for a week while having the forfeit tag. After a week it resets.

It doesn't keep the forfeiter from playing while also providing protection to "Real Players" not to get suckered into a game that they will forfeit if they start to lose.

Thoughts???

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2018 4:59 PM

The ''forfeits'' are the weapon of the cowards, don't know if you play in PC,....you are allow to finish the round (keep the score, xp, etc)

But having in count the game itself sometimes ''invite'' the players to leave the round if are having ''too many hits'', well...appart of being ridiculous, its a matter of decision from the player, after all...its just a game

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2018 5:47 PM

to start I feel there is a qualitative difference between forfeiting on the PC in a 9 or 18 hole ranked round play but it does happen...1, 3 or even the rare 9 hole mobile coin game are an entirely different animal...

based on your profile picture with SE hat, you are most likely predominantly a mobile player and mobile coin games do in fact have a lot of forfeits..

to my knowledge even if you select a room in which you actually play a full 9 holes your stats are NOT being saved or recorded as part of your WGT stats, so it does not matter and your best rounds still would not be reflected in your scoring average in a coin game.  you are really just playing for the coins themselves.  

Even if you get a hole in one during a coin match, again, it is NOT saved in your stats as something you have done officially even though you clearly have.  

Yes it is frustrating, but what is more frustrating is seeing a player intentionally force you to wait for them to time out and forfeit.  I would much rather they save me time and forfeit straight away so I can move on to another game if that is what I am doing.  

Also, if you are going to forfeit after I make my putt when I am inside 5 ft on a level lie why bother making me putt if you are planning to forfeit rather than finish the game.  

Regardless, you are most likely playing for coins... stats don't matter and you have already won their coins and saved you time from dragging the game out... say thank you if you have time and move on... not to mention you will be promptly awarded the coins unless there is a glitch.  

If you want to save stats for a good round, play a ranked round that will actually be saved...  granted you won't get to use all of that super sponsor boosting apparel so good luck the game changes when you can't use all of that!

As for "real players" there are some purist in the WGT game that would consider "mobile players with sponsor boosting apparel" anything but a "real player" because they are playing a jacked up version of circus golf with juiced up clubs.  I am not passing judgement either way, but know there are differences of opinion as to what amounts to "real" players and "realistic" golf on WGT.  If you want to see how good your game is, again...play a ranked round where you won't get to use sponsor apparel and you won't get the putting power range suggestion for how hard to hit your putts.  It is likely you may find the game a little more challenging...

• xlviii
    502 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2018 7:04 PM

As I understand mobile, if the other player forfeits, it just saves you ball hits and time.

• sheepsass
    648 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2018 7:56 PM

xlviii:

As I understand mobile, if the other player forfeits, it just saves you ball hits and time.

That is exactly how it works, forfeit in a mobile game......you only hurt yourself.

👳🏼‍♀️

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2018 8:44 PM

Forfeits and quitting in rated or ranked games on PC are "punished" with a negative entry on the completion list (traffic  light buttons showing up in MP games). But, this applies to all players involved if the remaining players can't continue! It doesn't apply to practice games though, AFAIR.

The special "mobile" games are all judged as practice games - therefore no completion affected, and no entries to the stats. HIO, eagles and longest drive, to name a few, won't budge on both platforms.

Good news is, when you play the first shot of any game, the CDP is fulfilled - streak and XPs are awarded at that moment.

• forenshank
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2018 11:20 PM

Here's how I see it; if you purposely quit a game you go back to starter clubs. You must play at least 3 full games in order to get all you special clubs and irons back. This I believe would greatly reduce the amount of players who bail and spoil it for players committed to the game.

• U751
    22 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2018 2:05 PM

Problem with it is that it locks the game. A LOT. I've lost the prize from Shanghai 9 times now when a player forfeited and the game locked. WGT admin. rarely credits my entry fee. And I ALWAYS lose the prize. It's beyond annoying. And extremely unfair.

And the same players do it over and over. They even know it causes the game to lock. But that's what they are trying for according to them.

When a forfeit is done while on the tee of the next hole, it's never locked up. That should be when, and ONLY when the forfeit option should be available. Between holes.

When a player simply disconnects, that becomes and even bigger problem. It really causes a spike in locking up the game and losing both prize and entry fee.

Not to mention, it takes so long when it does function, that if you paid for a sponsorship for apparel, it eats up giant chunks of your paid for time. I mean giant chunks. Can reduce prize options by more tHan 50% Good for WGT, but VERY bad for paying players.

It's like a way to be cheated out of money. Well, it is.

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Tue, Sep 11 2018 6:40 PM

They been cheaten players out of money for many moons.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2018 1:14 PM

I don’t wish them luck anymore unless I know the player, most of them are forfeiters. What I don’t like is when they forfeit, sometimes it locks up the game, and forces me to close the app, meaning I also forfeited. But what can you do, just take the game for what it is.

• PAGES
RSS