Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Why Forfeit?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 10 2019 7:57 PM (24 replies)
  • NickBianchi
    12 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2018 9:50 PM

This just happened to me on the green of the last hole.

I played a Tour Pro with a 63 average and started quite badly and, as I’m also not very good at putting yet, was at +2 vs -1 after 2 holes...

I slowly came back, though, playing secure shots, and the game was tied at 0 on the last hole.

I reached the par 5 green in 4 shots, he did in 5 (he was closer to the hole). And he left! Considering that I’m average at puttin, he could’ve gotten back.

I was a bit surprised, as he seemed quite friendly.

I quit once only, when my baby woke up and started to cry. It was even before the first tee shot! I apologised and left.

• JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Sun, Oct 14 2018 1:38 PM

If you haven’t noticed, WGT, in their infinite wisdom, has seen fit to end any game that the winner is determined.

yep.... No more ‘gg’ before your last putt. If you can’t win, or lose, WGT will shut the game down. No time to be polite. Get to that next game 2 seconds sooner, because you won’t wear out a ball putting. But you will with every shot before you reach the green. WGT will be rude for you.

Which raises an interesting question. Does putting from the fairway reduce ball life? Or using a wedge when you’re on the green? i.e. Is it being on the green what determines you’re not losing durability? Or the club you use that determines it?

• Dellie1
    1 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2019 2:33 PM

I agree completely with you . It is very aggravating. At least 50 percent quite. I makes me not want to play the game anymore.

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2019 5:51 PM

WGT topics that will outlive WGT itself (lol?):

- forfeiters/quitters

- wedge on green

- supposed “cheaters”

- distance inconsistencies 

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2019 7:57 PM

fobby1980: