Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Andyson Memorial Tournament 2018?

Fri, Jun 29 2018 3:18 AM (113 replies)
  • drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2018 6:55 PM

Shedlite,

A sincere thank you from all of us here in WGT land ( I just hope you know what you've gotten yourself into, lol ) ! I am sure there will be many willing to help, and i understand Mr. C. may be handling the  prizes an' such. This is, without a doubt, one of the premier events hosted by the WGT community. Once again, let us do our departed friend proud.

Doc :)

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2018 8:49 PM

Well done and thanks.

Shedlite:

overtheedge:

SlicedPepper:
    But he has a life. He's not sitting in front of his computer all day.

Thread was started nearly 3 wks ago. I hope HE checks in a little more than that during the tournament. 

Juz sayin

I check this thread daily was waiting to here from someone but i will be taking the lead and running this unless Paulton decides to end his wgt vacation

The Andyson Memorial Tournament for 2018
    --------------------------------
    July 4th sign up starts---spread the word (PC only-Mobile only players can not do elimination match play rounds)

August 1st tournament begins

1st round 18hole stroke play (st andrews)
    2nd round 18hole stroke play (pebble beach)
    Andyson Memorial Stroke Play trophy awarded to lowest combined score(including ties)
    Secondary trophy's awarded to lowest score for each tier (including ties)

64 person match play elimination round begins 1week after completion of stroke play rounds (or once the challenge bracket is posted).
    winner receives Andyson Memorial Match Play trophy

Courses for Elimination will be posted when it starts

The stroke play rounds will play just as they did previous tournaments.
    * You will have 1 week to Post Score
    * First 18 round completed in the week for that course.
    * Not a Country Club tournament, Not a WGT Tournament. This  will be an 18 hole        ranked game solo or with others.
    * Score will not count until verified (looking at players score  History)after posting score in thread.
    * Failure to post your score in thread may result in no score for round

64 player match play rounds
    * Top score for each tier in Stroke play Tournament get automatic advance to elimination round(this includes all  ties....IE 3 champions tie for lowest score all 3 will advance to elimination round)
    * Remaining spots will be randomly picked from a hat
    * The 64 advancing playes will then have name drawn from a hat  for position in bracket
    * Each round of elimination to take no more than 2 weeks
    * Each round will begin after previous round has been completed
    * All games to be played until a winner is declared (game can not end in a tie)
    * Match score to be posted in elimination thread by either player or both
    * It will be up to the players to arrange and play match as soon as possible
    * Failure to complete round will result in a coin toss as to  who advances
    * Any withdraw from tournament will result in a bye for your  opponent (except round of 64 where a new player will be  chosen at random from the remaining stroke play players not    previously chosen.

This will be open to all WGT players, and quite possible run for 15weeks (start to finish August 1st up to November 13th)

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2018 9:04 PM

MEMEMEME!

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2018 10:52 PM

Shedlite:

overtheedge:

SlicedPepper:
    But he has a life. He's not sitting in front of his computer all day.

Thread was started nearly 3 wks ago. I hope HE checks in a little more than that during the tournament. 

Juz sayin

I check this thread daily was waiting to here from someone but i will be taking the lead and running this unless Paulton decides to end his wgt vacation

The Andyson Memorial Tournament for 2018
    --------------------------------
    July 4th sign up starts---spread the word (PC only-Mobile only players can not do elimination match play rounds)

August 1st tournament begins

1st round 18hole stroke play (st andrews)
    2nd round 18hole stroke play (pebble beach)
    Andyson Memorial Stroke Play trophy awarded to lowest combined score(including ties)
    Secondary trophy's awarded to lowest score for each tier (including ties)

64 person match play elimination round begins 1week after completion of stroke play rounds (or once the challenge bracket is posted).
    winner receives Andyson Memorial Match Play trophy

Courses for Elimination will be posted when it starts

The stroke play rounds will play just as they did previous tournaments.
    * You will have 1 week to Post Score
    * First 18 round completed in the week for that course.
    * Not a Country Club tournament, Not a WGT Tournament. This  will be an 18 hole        ranked game solo or with others.
    * Score will not count until verified (looking at players score  History)after posting score in thread.
    * Failure to post your score in thread may result in no score for round

64 player match play rounds
    * Top score for each tier in Stroke play Tournament get automatic advance to elimination round(this includes all  ties....IE 3 champions tie for lowest score all 3 will advance to elimination round)
    * Remaining spots will be randomly picked from a hat
    * The 64 advancing playes will then have name drawn from a hat  for position in bracket
    * Each round of elimination to take no more than 2 weeks
    * Each round will begin after previous round has been completed
    * All games to be played until a winner is declared (game can not end in a tie)
    * Match score to be posted in elimination thread by either player or both
    * It will be up to the players to arrange and play match as soon as possible
    * Failure to complete round will result in a coin toss as to  who advances
    * Any withdraw from tournament will result in a bye for your  opponent (except round of 64 where a new player will be  chosen at random from the remaining stroke play players not    previously chosen.

This will be open to all WGT players, and quite possible run for 15weeks (start to finish August 1st up to November 13th)

+1000

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 4:46 AM

Shedlite:

Looks to me like someone knows what they are doing. Good stuff.

Here if required.

Johnny.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 10:17 AM
    I need a little help here folks, if anybody can assist me, it would be great. Im looking for the name of the charactor, or toy that Andy used for his image. The news reporter with the microphone, and the news badge. Or if anyone can point me in the direction of where i could find a large size image of that reporter/toy? The image i have saved on my files is from Andys avatar here, and is not big enough to use on what im doing, so i need to get something bigger if i can. Cheers folks.
  • WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 10:37 AM

TWOMINUSONE:
    I need a little help here folks, if anybody can assist me, it would be great. Im looking for the name of the charactor, or toy that Andy used for his image. The news reporter with the microphone, and the news badge. Or if anyone can point me in the direction of where i could find a large size image of that reporter/toy? The image i have saved on my files is from Andys avatar here, and is not big enough to use on what im doing, so i need to get something bigger if i can. Cheers folks.

Here you go, Jimmy.

Update: Jimmy, the 16th (33 in total) frame of the image below is the biggest/clearest I could find of the character's head and shoulders:

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 10:44 AM

You know what?          

I respect everyone that cares abut this more than They will ever know.

You know that I know.         Best stroll I ever had.       The best match ever.

~D~            ~      ~

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 11:03 AM
    WigerToods2010:

TWOMINUSONE:

Here you go, Jimmy.

Good man John. I forgot he had an original costume, so more work to do that i thought i had, lol. Cheers man.
  • opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 5:28 PM

Dear Mr Caddie ,  Funny how we started talking about this some time ago with balls for bling . 

Now we get to watch how the balls of this community stand together !

One Man of a few have led us  on a adventure  of this game , and we all know who the other team players of few .

We the players of WGT  ( with out peanut butter & jelly , inside joke)  stick as one . 

I am proud to see how them of us have done our part here or there .

Some of old and them of new get a chance to embrace a time in this game that is more than " Epic" to quote a term from Yancy !

Please enjoy this game  .

OPY 

RSS