Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Daily Motivation

Fri, Apr 19 2024 8:09 AM (1,957 replies)
  • SleemanMan
    1,125 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2020 11:28 PM

Wow, look at that !! You're still doing this.

Good job Marion. You are truly one of a kind - on here anyway.

If there is anything i miss on here, it's your positiveness and the smile it brought me each time i decided to stop and just focus - for a moment (however brief) - on whatever you said or did that was nice.

That said, take care and be well.

Stephen.

• Ladychipper
    22,680 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2020 8:17 AM

Stephen,

Yup, still doing this.  I am more places as well, LOL! 

I see you are still around too.  So nice to hear from you.  Hope you are doing well. 

Thank you for the kind words and feel free to contact me any time. 

You take good care too and .....

God Bless!

Marion :-)

• Ladychipper
    22,680 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2020 8:19 AM

Thursday, February 20, 2020

Heritage

You come from a long line of survivors. Every one of your ancestors survived long enough to raise at least one child.

For vast stretches of time, that kind of survival was rare and hard won. It required strength, vision, intelligence, flexibility, care, compassion, and a massive measure of persistence.

You have all that embedded deep within, passed from generation to generation. You are, literally and undeniably, the product of thousands of the most successful people who ever lived.

And here’s something even better to consider. Right now, today, you live among billions of other people with a similarly successful heritage.

In such a situation, the possibilities for progress are staggering. Though the problems of the moment can seem overwhelming, they pale in comparison to the potential for goodness and value.

Real people successfully traversed countless centuries of brutal challenges in order for you to enjoy this moment. When deciding what you can do, when choosing what you will do, be sure to keep that in mind.

— Ralph Marston

• SleemanMan
    1,125 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2020 11:21 PM

Ladychipper:
    I see you are still around too.

Not really. Haven't been on here for months but thought i would drop by for a short time last night, and ended up on this thread.

Ladychipper:
    Hope you are doing well.

Yes i am !! Actually, better than ever :) 2019 was a special year for me. Many good things have happened - and if i had to name the top 3 things, they would be :

1. reconnecting with an old friend which has made our friendship stronger and better than ever.
    2. getting a new job  -  the best i ever had.
    3. and to top it all off, (this #3 really is #1 on the list), finally finding my soul mate.

Life as a whole had not been kind to me but things have turned around. Off course, life as we know it isn't without challenges, but now, i have a fantastic woman by my side, and i by her side. Since we met, i can say that life has taken a whole new meaning.

I wish you well Marion and feel free to give my regards to TPC members.

Stephen - aka Slee

• Ladychipper
    22,680 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2020 7:45 AM

That's awesome Stephen and I am happy for you.  I will give your regards to TPC.

Many Blessings to you and your soul mate!

Marion

• Ladychipper
    22,680 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2020 7:46 AM

Friday, February 21, 2020

True betterment

Give yourself some love. Give your world some goodness.

Fortify your words, thoughts, actions, with truth. Invigorate your relationships with thoughtfulness, with kindness.

Refresh your sense of purpose by choosing what is good, just because it is good. Find great joy in life’s beauty without needing to possess it, or control it, or consume it.

Leave behind the weariness of struggling to keep up deceptive appearances. Feel the sweet relief of allowing authenticity.

Carry hope into dark corners where it has been missing for too long. Allow peace to settle upon ground that has been exhausted by strife.

With your choices, your perspective, your energy, enable life to flourish at its highest level. Envision true betterment, for yourself, for all, and let your life be its faithful advocate.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,680 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 10:08 AM

Saturday, February 22, 2020

Untapped potential

Many challenges, you could have risen to more effectively. Many moments, you could have lived more sensibly.

Now, let them teach you, inspire you, improve you. For regardless of what you may have squandered, you have useful, meaningful progress to make.

Today you can make fruitful use of the wisdom you’ve earned. In your current situation lives the opportunity to fulfill your untapped potential.

You’re certain you could have done better. So now, discover how much better.

Pain and joy have taught you what works and what doesn’t, what’s meaningful and worthwhile, and what isn’t. With love, with sincerity, put that great store of wisdom into action.

With gratitude for what has been, for what can now be, dive into your untapped potential. And from its depths bring new and wondrous richness.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,680 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2020 8:33 AM

Monday, February 24, 2020

Increasing gratitude

Gratitude multiplies your possibilities. It compels you to see more than you’d otherwise see.

Extend your gratitude beyond limited, specific things. Seek to create an abiding perspective of gratitude that applies to everything.

Be thankful, and then be thankful for being able to be thankful. As you ascend in gratitude, your view of life’s abundance becomes more expansive, more enlightened, more effective.

With sufficient gratitude, what once would have appeared as an obstacle snaps clearly into focus as an advantage. What once would have drained you, now energizes you.

Find new ways to be thankful. And you’ll surely create new pathways to success.

Make it your intention to live with increasing gratitude. Your experience of richness and fulfillment will keep pace.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,680 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2020 11:45 AM

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Your best every time

Sometimes you’ll be disappointed that your actions didn’t make more of a difference. Other times, something you didn’t think would matter much, has a major positive impact.

You simply can’t know in advance exactly how things will turn out. What you can do, is give your best every time.

When nobody else notices, you’ll still know you did your best. That’s a valuable thing to know.

If everybody notices, you’ll be thankful you did your best. And so will many others.

Many factors, you can’t anticipate or control. Yet you can control the quality of your efforts, to great benefit.

Give your best every time. No matter what happens later, you’ve made the smartest choice.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,680 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2020 7:33 AM

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Only now

Some of the opportunities you have today, you may not have again for a very long time, if ever. Treasure them, appreciate them, live them now when you can.

When you’re able to make a difference, make it. When you’re able to give kindness, give it.

Looking back from tomorrow, or a year in the future, what will you wish you had done today? Right now is your one chance to make that wish come true.

What, also, will you wish you had refrained from doing? That’s another wish you can fulfill in advance, right now.

This is when your life is lived. This is when you give love and value to all you love and value.

Make the time, do the work, go to the trouble. Today’s opportunities are yours right now, and only now.

— Ralph Marston

RSS