Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Docs Place Now Welcoming New Members

Wed, Apr 14 2021 4:54 AM (147 replies)
  • Doc58
    6,370 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2019 8:06 AM

Our Partner a Pro series gets underway next week at The Players Championship. Come on by, pick a pro partner from the Players Tourney and combine your club Tourney score with theirs and see how well you and your partner can do. It's always a lot of fun and a close race at the top of the Leaderboard.

Doc

• ukvermonter
    2,013 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2019 3:26 AM
    We also use Discord - a chat program so you don't need to type while playing.
  • Zzyzx01
    1,251 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2019 3:50 PM

ukvermonter:
    We also use Discord - a chat program so you don't need to type while playing.

I'm interested in joining Docs Place CC as it looks to have a very active membership and plenty of tournaments.  I enjoy club tournaments and events; however, I do not use any Chat program at this time.  Is this a non-starter to becoming a member?    Thanks in advance.

Zzyzx01  (...henry)

• Doc58
    6,370 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2019 6:00 PM

Not all all buddy. Not everyone uses the chat option. It's entirely up to you. But we do have a lot of fun meeting there and setting games and tourneys. For those that like to chat while playing, it's a great option. Good way to make new friends and no more typing. Invite sent buddy

Doc

• treebeard
    227 Posts
    Wed, Sep 4 2019 12:59 AM

Hi there. I really think I should be in another club. I have almost single handily got my club to lvl7. But, I'm kind of out there on me own.

Please let me know if you still use Team Speak.

Paul   :)

• Doc58
    6,370 Posts
    Wed, Sep 4 2019 10:35 AM

Not any more Paul. We switched to Discord. I forgot to change it in my original post, so I just took care of it. Discord offers a lot more options and we like it much better. It's an easy setup also. You are certainly welcome to come by and check us out if you like. We have a lot going on both in the club and on Discord.

Thanks for asking,

Doc

• Doc58
    6,370 Posts
    Wed, Sep 4 2019 10:53 AM

We are currently playing a western type series on Discord called the Duel at Deadwood. Starting on the first of each month the top 2 names on the list will play a match with the winner declared Sheriff of Deadwood. Then each night, the next person on the list will try and take him down in a stroke or match play game and assume his job. With the loser going to the bottom of the list. The rotation continues around until the end of the month.

At the end of the month, the gunslinger with the most takedowns wins a prize and trophy from whoever the sponsor is for that month. I think it makes things a little more interesting, and we enjoy joking around with each other while we play. If anyone thinks they might be interested in joining our club and shooting it out with us. Just let me know.

• Doc58
    6,370 Posts
    Thu, Oct 31 2019 3:50 PM

Here are copies of our Weekly Newsletters. Lot's going on here. If you would like to be part of a fun, active, friendly club, just let me know.

• Doc58
    6,370 Posts
    Thu, Oct 31 2019 3:51 PM

• Doc58
    6,370 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 8:36 AM

Our club will be at level 19 soon. We should be receiving 5 free Custom Course Builders each month when we do. We are going to add a second Custom Course Tourney to our weekly tourneys to utilize these extra Course Builders. Here is how the series will play.

We have enough Course Builders on hand to go ahead and get started. So our first Custom Course Championship Series Tourney will begin this week. It is an 18 hole tourney that consist of 2 unlimited play rounds that last 7 days each.

Both rounds of the first tourney consist of the 1st and 10th holes of nine courses chosen at random. The second round will have completely different 1st & 10th holes than the first round.

The next course in 2 weeks will consist of the 2nd & 11th holes, the next will be holes 3rd & 12th holes and so on and so forth.

WGT has 13 regular 18 hole courses to chose from, for a total of 234 holes. When the series ends in 26 weeks, we will have played all 234 holes with no hole played twice.

The player with the most wins in the 26 week series will then be declared Custom Course Champion, and receive a Trophy and a sleeve of balls from me, plus any other prizes that our members might sponsor.

It should be a great tourney to relax and enjoy and help hone your game. Members can join in at anytime.

Our regular  9 hole Custom Course Tourney that resets each Wednesday will stay the same.

Thanks,

Doc

RSS