Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Draws and Fades?

Sat, Oct 16 2021 9:51 AM (43 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 8:21 AM

kipdog87:
    I aim 50 % left or right of flag of the amount i think that the ball will turn, then miss the ding between 5 and 10 % in the opposite direction

This is exactly how I do it, too-part aim and part smart miss on the upwind side of the ding. Gets much better results than a ding for me.  :-)

• iselin90
    421 Posts
    Mon, Apr 22 2019 9:40 PM

i would love to have the ability to hit a draw/fade in this game there are a couple of holes i wish i could do it 

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2019 5:55 PM

Robert1893:

JFidanza:
    For example, a larger 'C' curve, or a fade, requires one to aim way right and miss the ding on the left side. Conversely, a draw, aim more left and miss to the right of the ding.

Is this stated correctly or am I misreading this? I thought it was the opposite.

In other words, I thought it was like what you posted on page 1 of this thread: if you're going to fade (hit late, past ding, right) your aim in farther left.

Or am I simply misreading what posted. If I'm just misreading it, sorry about that. 

Original was incorrect. imo. For draw (ball curves left) hit ~1/2 way into left side 'early' dark blue; for fade (ball bends right), hit ~1/2 way into right-side 'late' dark blue.

Expect a 5% - 10% loss of distance, depending how far off ding you hit. The dividing line between dark and light blue is the 5% yardage loss point.

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2019 6:53 PM

gr8flbob:

Original was incorrect. imo. For draw (ball curves left) hit ~1/2 way into left side 'early' dark blue; for fade (ball bends right), hit ~1/2 way into right-side 'late' dark blue.

Expect a 5% - 10% loss of distance, depending how far off ding you hit. The dividing line between dark and light blue is the 5% yardage loss point.

Placebo effect, the ball will not curve due to ''miss of the ding'', what you certainly go have is a decrease in distance, the only who curves (move) the ball trayectory in this game are the wind

Stop saying that ''miss the ding'' provides draw or fade, is a lie, that option in the current physics of the game NOT exist (Draw or Fade)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 5:22 AM

LEDzZzEPP:
    Stop saying that ''miss the ding'' provides draw or fade, is a lie

No it's not, you just don't see the rendering of the shot as curving. The result is most definitely the same.

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 8:26 AM

YankeeJim:

LEDzZzEPP:

No it's not, you just don't see the rendering of the shot as curving. The result is most definitely the same.

+1

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 2:25 PM

YankeeJim:

LEDzZzEPP:

LMAO

go and try some other Golf game where actually the fade and draw physics are implemented, in this game is not, and that is a lie you guys want to believe

whatever you want, gentlemens

edit:

Developed Draw and Fade physics, (a game from 2003...i still playing btw)

F-D

i think is nothing wrong with say this game have actually not a draw or fade physics implemented, the ball dont go to curve to save a tree...and so on

it's about stance, club face closed/open...etc, its needed for a real fade or draw shot, with ALL clubs...and here that not exist, you know..like play the game at Even lies, the METER in this game represents and control the swing (straigth, precision & power), NOTHING else

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 4:23 PM

LEDzZzEPP:
    go and try some other Golf game

There isn't one and you're not comparing apples to apples. This is browser golf, not something you bought and installed on your computer.  I have that exact same game (played it for 10 years before WGT) and it's all uneven lie golf that requires knowledge of how to compensate AND you have the tools to do it. Big difference?--you have that game loaded onto your computer. Go next door and try playing that on your neighbor's computer. You can't unless they have it installed, too. Get it? 

How do you suppose you get around the tree on BPB#2? You know, the one that makes a draw look like it's going right through the tree? Watch the shot in reverse and you'll see it bend, just like a draw does if you hit it right. The key is the end result and it takes a draw to get there. It's all about rendering and this game just doesn't do that properly. It requires imagination.  :-)

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 4:28 PM

#ledz 

sounds like you are trying to argue your point based strictly on "literal" terminology and technically speaking the draw and fade may not be built into the setup. 

however, I do agree with the others that you can mimic a draw or fade like effect within WGT. sometimes the replay will seemingly remove the curved effect (depending on the severity of the miss ding played) and show the shot in a somewhat straight line, but other times, you could literally see a curve in the trajectory of the ball. 

the problem is... to really get or see that effect you have to really "snap hook" or "slice" a ball very hard, which is very risky because miss hitting  that far left or right of the hash mark can be a lost ball or OOB or down right shank. 

similarly, a casual run of your mill miss ding itself won't show the curve but if you miss ding as far left as the very far edge of the dark blue... you should be able to see a draw or hook like effect.  I have anyway, and I have even seen a few top players use it in a tournament round successfully.  

either way, the use of the miss ding can allow you to pull off shots you would not normally be able to hit under normal conditions and aiming straight at the target area.

I don't use it much, but it is a nice shot to know how to pull off if you ever need it.  

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 4:31 PM

YankeeJim:

It requires imagination.  :-)

ohhh i see

RSS