Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Draws and Fades?

Sat, Oct 16 2021 9:51 AM (43 replies)
  • RegisLDN
    136 Posts
    Sun, Jan 27 2019 12:18 PM

Dear friends,

I'm Brazilian and my English is basic, I use a translator. Let's go to the facts

Having returned to the game at the end of 2018, I realized the inexistence of an argument that allows the side effects.

I have tried the opinions of the most experienced in the forum. with the overwhelming majority opting for the maneuver to point away from the ding and thus withstand the consequences thereof.

Very well, I went to training and got good results in all the clubs. Until around the twenty-fifth I realized that the game stopped happening the effects draw and fade.

I thought ... is this really happening ??? the engine stopped acting like before ???.

That's what happened .. "with me"

I just finished again a nbreve training that confirmed yes the loss of draw and fade effects.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, Jan 27 2019 8:01 PM
    Haven't noticed any changes. Still missing them like always.
  • borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 1:53 AM

He could be on mobile. I just played a random 3 on my IPhone. On all 3 drives I intentionally tapped way early. 2 I tapped on the first line before the ding line and the third I tapped about 1/2 way between the second line before the ding and the first. The shots should have move quite a lot right to left, There was almost no movement at all. 

I will check it out on my Samsung tablet and PC after work to see if it is on all versions or just an IOS version bug.

• mega1byte
    768 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 10:48 AM

LEDzZzEPP:
    So...draw & fade are fake, as lot of the physics in this game

So True.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 9:38 PM

Again, The driver is the only club that can make a slight draw or fade.

Scott has confirmed this.

If you're 'driving' a par 3, for example, and you are not using a driver but you are using a 4 iron (or any iron or wedge) you will not get any draw or fade.

If you are on the fairway,  and you are not using a driver...same as above.

Since most all holes on WGT aren't weird holes which require a draw or a fade*, as in many other golf games, this is only partly an inconvenience. 

As Scott and I have demonstrated, the biggest draw or fade curve is achieved (or used to be achieved) by aiming far L or R opposite of the ding side you will miss.

For example, a larger 'C' curve, or a fade, requires one to aim way right and miss the ding on the left side. Conversely, a draw, aim more left and miss to the right of the ding.

There are dozens of threads with info about this subject. Many people still don't understand what is actually happening. 

*a shot where a tree is completely blocking the shot as to require a draw or fade

*the layout of the hole, or the placement of hazards are designed to force the use of a draw/fade. 

(true in GS, SOL, SOLWC, WP, PSG, JNSE) 

• RegisLDN
    136 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2019 3:48 PM

In the period of my silence in this post I could test all the alternatives exposed here, I can say that I got a landing in the farway in some holes in a situation more comfortable for the approuch. Especially grateful to the friend JFidanza for the clear and objective exhibition.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2019 11:35 AM

K7JBQ:
    Haven't noticed any changes. Still missing them like always.

Still works for me, the only time I ding a shot. Lol

• kipdog87
    2,046 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2019 3:01 PM

I can draw and fade with irons but i only use this when aiming for the green with cross winds of over 12mph. I aim 50 % left or right of flag of the amount i think that the ball will turn, then miss the ding between 5 and 10 % in the opposite direction. I hope that you can understand my method, it oes not always work but it is great fun when it does.

Mick

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2019 10:57 PM

Technically it's not a true draw and fade w/ the iron.

This is already been admitted by WGT and then even tested buy Scotthope and others like Fatdan and myself and more.

The ball goes and the wind blows it left or right.

The flight of the ball does not curve like a 'C' it just moves and is blown by the wind '/"

The difference in that fact it what we are talking about.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 7:51 AM

JFidanza:
    For example, a larger 'C' curve, or a fade, requires one to aim way right and miss the ding on the left side. Conversely, a draw, aim more left and miss to the right of the ding.

Is this stated correctly or am I misreading this? I thought it was the opposite.

In other words, I thought it was like what you posted on page 1 of this thread: if you're going to fade (hit late, past ding, right) your aim in farther left.

Or am I simply misreading what posted. If I'm just misreading it, sorry about that. 

RSS