Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Hard to make a decision about clubs

Tue, May 29 2018 11:31 AM (5 replies)
  • willdoicu
    2 Posts
    Sun, May 27 2018 11:25 PM

Hi friends,

I am closing to lvl 48 and I have to make a decision about upgrade the driver to R1. First, I'm not a dinger, second, my intention is to use wgt balls until, maybe lvl 85 or so.

I have some choices:

1. Take the TM R1 lvl 48, and Ping lvl 58-59 Wood and Irons. That mean almost sure upgrade the ball to Tour GI SD. Tier up and go into real competition(tournaments).

2. Take the TM M1 lvl 55 also change the  Wood, stay with TM lvl 15 Bladez(not really found of them). Stay with the Tour SD ball. Tier up, missing some real competition until lvl 85(about 4-5 months from now).

3. Wait until Ping lvl 59 full set. Possible upgrade of ball, tier up and get into competition.

The questions are:

1. Will Ping lvl 58 Wood will be enough for Master tier?

2. Will TM lvl 15 Bladez will be enough for Master tier?

3. Worth investment in M1 lvl 55 for 4 months, since only multiplayer and non ranked games will be played?

3. Will Ping lvl 58 Driver will be enough for Master tier?

I would, probably, spend about 50$ per month, but lvl 76 to 85 will be a real shopping fever. Cleveland Wedges, Callaway Driver, Wood and Irons are coming up.

Any advice will be highly appreciated. Thank you!

• xlviii
    502 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2018 8:55 AM

I can't answer all of your questions, but I can say that the L48 R1 driver and the L59 Ping irons are excellent clubs. I used them and the Cally L33 ball to get to Legend.

If memory serves, I used the L30 R11 3-wood until the XHot at L74. I used the L48 driver and L59 irons until L79 when I got the SLDR driver and the Rocketbladez irons. I highly recommend the Cleveland wedges, the L70 Versa putter, and the L90 Rsi2 irons. The L85 irons have nicer meter speed, but the spin of the L90s is excellent for sticking to greens as the stimp increases. I upgraded the driver and irons at L79 because I made Legend and needed the distance. If you stay at M or TM until L90, you could upgrade straight from the L59 Pings to the L90 Rsi2s.

• SauloMagno
    57 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2018 8:30 PM

willdoicu:

Hi friends,

I am closing to lvl 48 and I have to make a decision about upgrade the driver to R1. First, I'm not a dinger, second, my intention is to use wgt balls until, maybe lvl 85 or so.

Hi. Take a look at my current clubs (I almost buy the new ones).

When I bought them I was in the same situation and I decided to review many messages in the forums and compare all the options.

I really believe that it was a very correct decision for that level.

• xlviii
    502 Posts
    Tue, May 29 2018 10:11 AM

SauloMagno:

willdoicu:

Hi friends,

When I bought them I was in the same situation and I decided to review many messages in the forums and compare all the options.

This is basically what I recommended as well except for the Callaway wedges. The Clevelands (get the 56, 60, and 64) have more precision and more spin. They are the best wedges until possibly switching to the high-level Callaways. They're a bit higher level but worth the wait.

• SauloMagno
    57 Posts
    Tue, May 29 2018 10:49 AM

xlviii:

This is basically what I recommended as well except for the Callaway wedges. The Clevelands (get the 56, 60, and 64) have more precision and more spin. They are the best wedges until possibly switching to the high-level Callaways. They're a bit higher level but worth the wait.

I agree with wedges, but I need all my clubs in 4-4.2 speedometer because I'm not good dinging. Cleveland 64 is because Calla have not a good 64 wedges.

But sure, Cleveland wedges can be more efective if you are good with ding.

• willdoicu
    2 Posts
    Tue, May 29 2018 11:31 AM

SauloMagno:

Hello, thank's for suggestion, I've also looking at your stats. The driver is OK, no question about it. As xlviii said short game could be affected by wrong choices of the wedges.

Thank's xlviii, still can't make a decision. There are, again, three possible combination:

1. The cheapest - Ping lvl 59 full set;

2.  The middle - R1 lvl 48, Ping lvl 58 wood, Ping lvl 59 irons;

3.  The expensive - M1 lvl 55, Callaway lvl 51 wood, Ping lvl 59 irons.

Since I've already mapped my wedges full, pitch, flop, I want to use about the same ball in terms of spin(2). And I have so many options: wgt tour SD, wgt tour GI SD, Srixon lvl 13, Callaway lvl 1 slow meter. Still looking at Big Bertha 3 wood lvl 19, I will try to make a comparation between this and Callaway lvl 51, about the same price if free rent at lvl 51 come up. Anyone with a suggestion between them?

I think i'll go the expensive way, possible because I think I will save more by balls.

RSS