Forums

Help › Forums

Re: World Cup's side effects...

Sun, May 27 2018 5:33 AM (3 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, May 27 2018 3:15 AM

Fistly, i would like to congratulate Finny and all the other guys who are running this super tournament. Respect to you guys!! It needs a lot of effort and dedication to run such a big and great event...but...

On the other hand, we have people who disrespect all this effort and dedication. Needless to say that every partecipant needs to show the same respect and dedication towards the organizers and to other players. Unfortunately, we find ourseves in a position to chasing opponets to have our matches. It's totally frustrating when the other wants to play ''games'' like that.

The time to have our matches is pretty wide. Two weeks of time should be more than enough to find just an hour to have a match. If YOU don't have the time or will to play the game, just get off!!! Our time is as precious as yours and our obbligations are equivalent as yours. Don't waste our time with bulls$$it...

The rules are pretty simple:

Just give a day and a time when you can play the match. That simple. A DAY and a TIME. Not..iam on now, let's play...when i see you green, i call ya e.t.c.

Is that so hard to follow?

I believe for the next year's WC, these issues should be taken care of, because they stain all the good effort of the boys and the dedication of all partecipants to run a great tournament.

If you can't or (most importantly) WON'T want to play, just stay out and don't waste our time!!!

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, May 27 2018 3:55 AM

+1.

Think something is in place though mate.

If you contact direct or possibly ask your captain to contact finny then the committee Finny set up will discuss and award win to the trier.....I think.

Captains having folk in team who act like that should remove them from squad and bring in reserve....we would.

I don't have anything to do with our SEL world cup squads except play badly for one ;-) but if a squad member did that then they would probably have to find another club.

Sounds harsh but it ain't. ....sign up but then be respectful is not a lot to ask.

I know we had a match the other day where an oppo did not speak a word on chat to our player. Even the odd good luck and possibly state "I don't like typing" would have been understandable. 

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sun, May 27 2018 4:30 AM

there will always be a few bad ones,i have seen it in the last 3 years but the friends i have made through the clubs,captains and players more than make up for it,

also we have new rules in place for such behaviour so if players dont make an effort they will forfeit the match and i have noticed that the best will always shine through.

finny

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, May 27 2018 5:33 AM

I did bubbs. Actually, did not have to because Gordon, apart the fact that he's a gentleman, he's so close to the team and he's dealing everything in 0 time.

Finny, i know it's just a minority which acts that way but still frustrating. Sorry about the rant..keep up the good work!!

RSS