Help › Forums

Re: Meters / Yards conversion

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 6 2009 7:47 PM (7 replies)
  • WesTriple6
    5 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2009 4:47 PM

Hey,

Is WGT able to create a setting that changes the game distance from Yards / Feet into Meters? Its just weird playing in Yards when you are used to Meters.

Thanks.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2009 4:55 PM

New Zealand.  And it must be doubly weird playing upside down!

Just kidding.  I hear you.  I do believe you can convert yards into meters on this site.

• WesTriple6
    5 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2009 5:54 PM

Ha ha. Yeah, but you get used to playing upside down, I can't get used to the yards though.

Do you know where the setting is? I had a look in my account and in the pop-up game settings but I haven't found anything. Maybe it's not active yet?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2009 6:55 PM

Doublemochaman:
    I do believe you can convert yards into meters on this site.

I don't think there's any such setting on this site. We can't even set up our own time zone here. You may have confused this with the Tiger Woods game that does offer meters conversion, if I remember it right.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2009 7:20 PM

WesTriple6... here's why I say there's conversion, though I can't tell you how to get there: On occasion I've played back great saved shots of other players on here and the distances, in the upper right hand corner, have been in meters.  So I'm guessing it must be available.  Now, as  to suction cups for the feet of players on the underside of our planet... not so sure those are available.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2009 7:35 PM

Doublemochaman:
    On occasion I've played back great saved shots of other players on here and the distances, in the upper right hand corner, have been in meters.

No one has ever reported this. What sometimes happens, is that distances in replays are stated in feet instead of yards. (Leading to unclear figures, such as a 745ft approach shot.) But I don't think meters are ever shown there.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2009 7:39 PM

Nevermind.   I'm off base on this.  Those saved replays show the distance in feet... not yards, not meters.  I knew there was something strange and disorienting about it.

I still like the idea that in real life I can hit a little 9 iron out of Yankee Stadium, dead centerfield... the A-Rods of the world have trouble doing it, even with steroids.  408 feet.

• WesTriple6
    5 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2009 7:47 PM

Thanks for the quick responses. I am sure as the game becomes more international these changes will come into effect.

408 feet, that almost ??? meters... haha. Just kidding, that's pretty good.

RSS