Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Yardages Shown in Scorecard & Hole Info

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 22 2018 1:11 PM (7 replies)
  • JCT3210
    6 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 2:08 PM

Are all wrong...  perhaps the holes are also wrong.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 9:32 PM

JCT3210:
    Are all wrong
    All generalisations are wrong!

In my experience, there's only one hole with wrong yardage (OLY #2), and another one where yardage and Par don't fit together (PIN #4).

On the courses, there are different concepts of yardage which have been explained multiple times (search e.g. for STA #10 =>),
    and even on real courses, scorecard yardage is but a survey number, more often than not deviating from the length to play at a given moment.

• JCT3210
    6 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 10:50 AM

In 1-on-1 match play, look at the Scorecard and the Hole Info and you will see that the yardages listed are incorrect.  This started happening about 3 weeks ago.  Previously, one could consult the scorecard and see what was coming in a 3 or 9 hole match.  Now, one cannot look ahead.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 10:20 PM

I don't play on mobile, thus an example screenshot might help.

My imagination creates the option that the tee settings don't match(???)

Hint: The blue dot on the mini map has always given the correct, beeline, yardage. It won't help you looking ahead though.

• JCT3210
    6 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2018 12:33 PM

I don't play on mobile either.  I use an iPad.  I played several 3-hole matches today and, again, yardages listed on the ScoreCard were not what I saw in the tee box for me and my competitor.  The yardages shown in the ScoreCard were all lower than they should have been.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2018 2:20 PM

To me, iPad and Android both are mobile. I can't comment further without any example.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, May 22 2018 12:19 PM

alosso:

To me, iPad and Android both are mobile. I can't comment further without any example.

+1

And taking a screen shot is only 2 buttons to push.  Post some pics folks.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, May 22 2018 1:11 PM

From Bethpage, I saved an old scorecard, which is the first one below. It has the correct yardages for all of the holes and tee locations for that round. The second scorecard is from today.

On the second card, note, for example, that the third hole is listed at 219 yards, which would be the front, right pin location (IIRC). But the location of the pin was back left. See screen shot of hole from the tee.

I believe that's what the other person is referring to. And, as an aside, the 8th hole never plays to 179 yards from the back tees. 

RSS