Re: Unauthorised payment to WGT

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 19 2018 10:43 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 10:43 AM

alcaucin:
    I don't see why WGT should charge a commission on any credit card purchase ( especially just on certain cards )

Traveling to China quite often, it is the case of charging up to 9%, as an out of country fee, for other counties processing fees, on some cards.

As I go quite often, my card company waves the fee. I am also recognized in the China exchange. One thing the Chinese do better than anyone else, is control money.

Israel has nothing on China.

fatdan:
    the apparent charges are not charges at all, but temporary preauthorizations done before charging the entire amount

That is more often than not, done world wide, as Dan mentioned. It is a faster way of making the larger amount of the transaction, wired through, at all. Identifying a fraudulent account takes seconds, with micro transactions world wide, rather than waiting for confirmation, that the full transaction will, or, will not, be paid at all.

The small % is credited back quickly, after clearance of the larger amount.

Shopping in China is quite astounding. Their larger buildings rise up, not spread out like ours. Each floor is dedicated to one item. You want a suitcase, there will be 50 vendors, on the same floor.

Other products, the same applies. When you want an item, the sales clerk gives you a piece of paper. You have to find the ONE cashier, on the floor you're on, to pay them, after giving the slip to them.

A credit card is a whole different experience. If you're in a building of ten stories tall, there is only ONE station that excepts credit cards, in the entire building. Same applies, take slip, wonder aimlessly, until you find them hiding in some dank corner, then hassle over the international fee.

They want CASH.

At the end of the day, all cashiers bring there tills, and slips, to the head cheese. The cheese decides what to pay the vender. It is not always the same. If the vender has not sold a good amount during the week, they will be paid less.

That's why you can negotiate anything in the country. Just don't try to renegotiate anything. Not going to happen, ever.

They triple charged my card once in Harbin, at a 5 star hotel. $80 bucks a night back then. Couldn't do enough for me. Except extort 2 extra times, the value of my stay was to be. LOL

I put limits on the cards I bring. Went shopping, vendor said the card I used was maxed out. Went back to the hotel, as that was the only place I used it for. Three hours later with hotel employees, manager, and Bank of China manager, none would make a free 800 # call to Citibank to verify, THEY were the ones at fault.

Only after I threatened a dispute, which would hold their money, as well as mine, for 30 + days, did the Bank of China relent.

Then there's travelers checks. Your signature better match EXACTLY the one you signed when receiving the checks, or they will refuse them. 1st time I used them, another 1 1/2 hour dispute, with the Bank of China's lobby branch.

Girl made me sign my name 20 times, no embellishment, 20 flipping times. None matched perfectly. Had to call Britton, to get authorization on ALL the numbers on ALL my checks, that they would honor them.

Now the Bank of China has my picture up in all their branches, I think. NO ONE, dicks me around any more.

Damn, I love the Chinese. They humble your ass like no other can. However, when money is involved, you just devolved, into pigeon shyt.

Just thought you all would like to know a bit about their control of money. I highly  suggest if you have the ability to go. Do it. Truly, is another world. Unimaginable infrastructures of all types.

☢--------------------<*{{{{{-(

• PAGES
RSS