Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Why not let us decide what Clubs we want to use?

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 23 2018 6:45 AM (2 replies)
  • ElroyR
    131 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 6:59 AM

Perhaps this subject has been discussed before; as I have not used this Forum before...

Why not let US, the Players, determine what Clubs we want to use?

I am a Level 106 Player that is at the Legend tier...  I have a useless (to me) 3 Iron in my bag, that I can not discard (or at least I don't know of a way to discard the club; to open the possibility of adding in its place a Club that I will actually use). In "real World Golf"; I am able to remove that Iron and replace it with a Club that meets my playing need. In my case a "strong Hybrid". Both Clubs go the same distance but, for me the Hybrid is more dependable...

I am not looking to get any money from the 3 Iron. I just want to be able to remove a "worthless piece of metal" from my bag and add, say a third wedge; that fits within my playing style?

Please allow us the option of "Customizing our sets of Clubs" to correspond with our Playing styles....  

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 9:12 AM

It's been brought up before. I don't see it ever happening. I'm guessing the programming would be problematic. And the game already has enough problematic characteristics. :-) 

• NicklausJack
    111 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2018 6:45 AM

I totally agree. Once you get to a certain level, you're pretty much locked in to a driver, fairway wood, irons 3-PW, three wedges and a putter. I would like to change out my 3 iron for a hybrid and my PW for a 52* wedge, but that's not going to happen. 

Even pros have different setups. Webb Simpson, who won The Players Championship two weeks ago, plays with two fairway woods (15* & 18*), two hybrids (20* & 23.5*), 5-PW and two wedges. Even a big hitter like Tiger Woods sometimes swaps out his 18* degree driving iron (2 iron) for a 19* 5 wood. Even as a 10 handicapper, I play different setups depending on what type of course I'm playing. 

Granted, it would take a lot more programming, but in the end WGT is losing out on money. 

RSS