Re: "New" sticks IRL

Tue, Jul 10 2018 6:16 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2018 7:11 PM

srellim234:
    I hit the Bargain Barrel at globalgolf.com

I love globalgolf.com. A few months back I was looking to change my 12 degree Cleveland Black driver to a 10.5 degree driver and I found their EBay page and found the exact club I was looking for at a great price...couldn't be more happy.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2018 8:14 PM

mrcaddie:

srellim234:
    I hit the Bargain Barrel at globalgolf.com

I love globalgolf.com. A few months back I was looking to change my 12 degree Cleveland Black driver to a 10.5 degree driver and I found their EBay page and found the exact club I was looking for at a great price...couldn't be more happy.

So far even their "value condition" clubs have been just fine. I've had to re-grip a few and they're obviously used clubs but they're not beaten up at all. My wife's "very good condition" sand wedge was almost new.

I used the free shipping option on the first order and every order after that gives the buyer enough frequent user points to get free shipping no matter how small the order. The longest it's taken an order to get here is 10 business days. The last one got here in 5.

I haven't tried them but a direct competitor that operates very much the same way is 3balls.com. If you're ever looking for something specific and global doesn't have it you can try 3balls.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 5:37 AM

What ball do you use? Lostgolfballs.com is a good source.  :-)

• Ladychipper
    22,680 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 8:46 AM

Funny I learned to love golf by playing the EA Sports Tiger Woods golf game on the PS2 years ago.  Of course WGT/Top Golf online game is much more fun to me.  Perhaps she would like to learn to play on here in an air conditioned room.  :-)

I like to play real outdoor golf too and still have my old La Jolla Ladies golf set.  Ebay has some great deals on these.  I like the graphite shafts because they are not as heavy as the steel ones. 

https://www.ebay.com/b/La-Jolla-Womens-Golf-Clubs/115280/bn_7231901

Blessings,

Marion :-)

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 10:02 AM

YankeeJim:

What ball do you use? Lostgolfballs.com is a good source.  :-)

I used the Srixon Z-Star yellows for years when I played a lot, buying used ones from a guy in Palm Springs that used to have a storefront near Palm Desert Resort. I also played very well with the Bridgestone B-330s when I was using white balls. Unfortunately he closed up shop a few years back.

Now that my swing speed is starting to slow, I'm not playing as much and I still have difficulty seeing the white balls in the air I'm not very particular as long as it's a bright color. My better rounds now seem to come with mid-range balls that have softer covers so I can control them around the greens. 

Right now I have sleeves of new Wilson Smartcore, Bridgestone e5, Bridgestone e6, Maxfli Noodle and Srixon Soft Feel balls in the closet. A bag of about 2 dozen used Titleist Pro v1, too. My brother in law was here last month and brought a bunch of different balls he was trying before he settled on a yellow Callaway ball. He's in his 70s and his eyesight is going too.

They're all white but for free I don't particularly care if I lose them. I'm set for years.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2018 6:16 PM

I went out to Palm Desert Resort alone today and got to try the Mizunos out side by side with the Watsons. It was the course starter's suggestion when he heard me say I was going to try them side by side on the range. There was hardly anyone out there so he told me to feel free to take as many clubs on the course itself and hit as many extra shots as I wanted. They are really nice and accommodating people out there.

The Mizunos are staying in the bag. They are really smooth and fit my eye much better at address than the Watsons. It must be the grind and bounce but they are really easy to hit too.

I did notice the Mizunos do hit the ball high but I tried a few knockdown shots and didn't have too much difficulty.

My big thing now is dialing in the distances. I've lost a lot of distance in the last few years so it's really a struggle to pull the right club out of the bag. I think a few more rounds, though, and I'll have a pretty good distance chart to work with.

• PAGES
RSS