Tue, Jul 31 2018 7:34 AM (76 replies)
  • derekortt
    656 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 1:09 PM

WGTicon:

YankeeJim:

EasyEdward:
    The final clue

I imagine it's a lot cheaper to go out and take the rest of the pictures on the CTTH courses that are here and if what WGT is doing at Wolf Creek is any indication, we could be seeing some really nice courses in the future. So what they're not linked to the USGA, golf is golf and I'm sure any NEW courses on a regular basis would keep WGT going. Liking it a lot.  :-)

I am not the one taking pictures, but I would imagine, it's not cheaper per say. I would think that cheaper would mean faster, which would mean re-use cttp shot. Problem is 2 fold... not only cttp holes are a bit old and some locations changed but colors would also be off. I am fairly confident that the whole course is usually re-shot

can you shoot for multiple hole locations so we can have some variety. We shouldn't have just one hole location per hole

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2018 7:56 AM

fatdan:

WGT"s World Headquarters.

03-27-2014 4:24 AM by esssy. 14 replies.

andyson United States
    6,415 Posts

03-23-2014 2:20 PM

LOL Joseph!

Note the Brinks armored vehicle in the lower left corner.  One of the twice daily pick-ups of the days receipts at WGT no doubt. ;)

Last time I was in SF, about 3 yrs ago, I hailed 3 cabs on that very corner.  The first two cabs I got in, the driver fiddled around and said "Sorry Mister, damn meter stopped working!".  The third cab, same thing, meter didn't work.  But this time I told the driver to clear his cash, and get rid of the cookies on his dash.  Worked a treat and off we went!

Classic Andyson post! Thanks for putting that one on here Dan! Gave me a good laugh!

• PringleCraig
    609 Posts
    Sat, May 26 2018 4:28 AM

WGTicon:

Hi Everyone.

Earlier in the week MisterWGT was caught flying/climbing over a certain golf course. Here are few pics from the security cameras.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well done !! 

A wish come true :-)))

• amb1923
    223 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2018 1:49 PM

YankeeJim:

In all seriousness, the way the VUSO is being handled this year was rather depressing and it was hard to not think this game was nearing the end. Then this thread shows up and all of a sudden there's a positive vibe for the future. And it makes total sense how it could happen by expounding on courses that are already here, just not photographed enough. 

I'm away from the forums for a couple of weeks and come back to this surprising good news!

I agree with YJ - I was pretty pessimistic after it became clear we weren't getting Shinnecock and I wasn't sure if the game would still be here for the promised full-course BD in 2020. I think we're really going to like this course too. It will be a very nice change of pace from the endless tracks of links-on-steroids that have been the last couple of US Open course.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2018 5:37 PM

I for one would not jump for joy yet. When the news came that Titleist clubs would soon be following the Titleist balls, I could not wait. I had thoughts of WGT bringing out Titleist top-end clubs and wedges only to disappointed with what truly came out.

So a new course is fine and dandy but, IMO doesn't by any means, tells the game's future is secured.   

• ArthurSD
    64 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2018 9:20 PM

full course stroke play soon??😱

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2018 6:22 AM

My apology, with further research it seems the Irons is one of the best Titleist makes   

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2018 7:08 AM

WGTChampion:

DonCaron:

He should use Drones to take the pictures. 

Neat Icon

He can fly. He doesn't need drones. 

_CHAMPION 

Like it LOL

• dschlapman
    71 Posts
    Mon, Jun 11 2018 1:58 PM

I know that course it is Wolf Creek in Mesquite Nevada

• Duckster789
    534 Posts
    Mon, Jun 11 2018 10:56 PM

dschlapman: