Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Does mobile players have advantages over computer players?

Thu, May 10 2018 8:40 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2018 10:06 AM

i posted months and month ago that we get apparel bonuses in clashes. every time.

I've posted it several times since. Apparently this is what they want. Because they haven't fixed it.

I've never gotten the bonuses in a club tourney or Ready go or a bracket.

twice i got the bonuses in alt shot format. i reported it. i haven't seen it there since. 

Supposedly it's also happened in match play but it hasn't happened to me in match play. But my n match rounds isn't alot.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2018 10:38 AM

@DoktorMox 

Sounds good. 

Still, for it to end up where it did, the player must have got a very favorable bounce. No way it covers that much distance in the air and then and stops on the fly. Right? 

• DoktorMox
    1,573 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2018 12:56 PM

Robert1893:

Still, for it to end up where it did, the player must have got a very favorable bounce. No way it covers that much distance in the air and then and stops on the fly. Right? 

My estimate with that wind is that the Driver with full BS could be carried the ball (Nike Black) something like 340 yds. In fact, I will ask her next time we talk what really happened.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2018 1:14 PM

DoktorMox:
    My estimate with that wind is that the Driver with full BS could be carried the ball (Nike Black) something like 340 yds. In fact, I will ask her next time we talk what really happened.

I suppose it's possible. But I guess I just don't see it stopping on the other side of the burn like it did. It would have to hit and stick. 

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2018 1:27 PM

I only play mobile and this is a very interesting post! The 307yds displayed by the driver is a dead giveaway of apparel bonuses at work. With a tailwind like that I've seen players hit huge drives (350+) with no roll while playing coin matches.

I have never seen apparel bonuses work for me, though, while playing clash rounds or tournament rounds. Having said that, I don't trust the apparel on mobile and I'm not a fan. With all the bugs that remain, and the ones that are created with updates, it's no wonder apparel bonuses creep in to other game formats. 

Maybe WGT will "fix" the missing decimals on the greens and it will create a bug that makes all the new apparel disappear ;-) 

Apparel on mobile: back to basics!

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2018 1:29 PM

I've seen It In the flesh (Extra carry),

One of the guy's plays both Mobile & PC and when we have a Skin's game & he out-drives us carry-wise by 20 yd's he apologizes & says "Damn, Sorry guy's, I forgot I played a Mobile round before this" & then for the remainder of the round he'll voluntarily hit his drives around the low 90% power mark so as not to out-drive the rest of us

Ken

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2018 2:10 PM

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2018 4:58 AM

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2018 8:40 AM

just so people know. the listed numbers displayed didn't change in previous clashes. I did not play a mobile round in the last clash so i can't tell you for that one.

But in all the prior ones would get the bonuses just wouldn't be displayed.

the only way to know would be based on performance.

Which in general was driver distance.  if you don't have large differences between your bonuses or not they you might not notice.

But it's an absolute fact that every clash since apparel was introduced apparel bonuses have been in place.if you played a clash on the mobile device.

• PAGES
RSS