Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Severe Problem with Teeboxes

Fri, May 4 2018 9:56 PM (6 replies)
  • JamesMichaelOaks
    23 Posts
    Wed, May 2 2018 10:32 AM

I am ranked as a Tour Pro. My average score is 68.8. My driver is rated for 230 yards (I average 235). Yet, because I am so good at managing my game and winning despite this 30-70 yard disadvantage, it puts me further back on the tee boxes in their U.S. Open. 

I shot an 84!! There were par 4's that were over 470 yards that I couldn't reach in two. 5 of them that I couldn't even reach the fairway on, and one par-3 I couldn't reach the fairway on. There was even a 258 yard par -3 where the wind was blowing straight at me! I lost 2 balls in the water. So to have a shot at winning U.S. Open tickets, I have to spend money on an expensive driver just to reach the GIR??

I've worked hard to build my game and my club up. Im slowly earning gold by watching videos, that WGT also gets paid to air, and placing in tournaments that I host to buy a new driver and suddenly you're going to start pushing me to a further teebox?

It's not my fault that I am soo good at this game despite how little i have. How am I supposed to compete if I can't even hit a GIR? I already grind and have to lay up at Pinehurst No.2, (-1) yesterday, and Bethpage just to par a few of those long par 4's.

I heard that it takes only the lowest 50 rounds from a Tour Pro to get a scoring average. I'm pretty sure that this includes 18 hole scores from Par 3's also.

WGT absolutely needs to include into their algorithm the distance that these players are able to drive the ball with their best club. I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do if I get moved up to master. I saw another player say that he had to either buy alot of new equipment or put the game down. He quit playing, and said it was a fun 4 months while it lasted. 

Unfortunately, for me, I have 48 club members and growing who depend on me to keep order and expect to see me playing. I have a tournament schedule including 5 majors annually. I archive our wins, scoring averages, record, and even created a tab for post round interviews in our forum. I use these to publish a small article on each tournament into our 'History Book' tab. In short, I have created article wonderful golf tour for my members to compete in each week. 

What is going to happen if I am forced to resign from WGT play because I can't even compete anymore? I have watched hundreds of ads just to get to where I am. Please consider what you are doing to your players by pushing them back even though they don't have the distance reach the GIR. 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, May 2 2018 6:52 PM

What's going to happen if your forced to resign?  If you don't transfer ownership of your club first, it will die!  Sorry, I'm not trying to be an a$$, but wgt doesn't care about you, me, any of us!  Your going to have to spend credits, or learn to deal with the rough, and all else!  Sorry! 

• ffries61
    522 Posts
    Wed, May 2 2018 9:17 PM

Wgt is in the business of making money, so the longer tees forcing new equipment purchases is all part of their plan. Just keep hammering the vids, it only took me about 3 -1/2  weeks to save up enough to buy the top level driver.

Also it only takes 30 rounds to saturate at tour pro, and no par 3 or par 5 courses don't count towards your average.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, May 2 2018 9:30 PM

JamesMichaelOaks:
    because I am so good at managing my game and winning despite this 30-70 yard disadvantage, it puts me further back on the tee boxes in their U.S. Open. 
    Yes it does, but not due to anything like "class".

This tournament has but one leaderboard (not tiered), therefore shared conditions for all players "Hardest" tees are valid for all participants, and many of them don't have a chance to contend simply due to the fact that their level doesn't allow them to access the top equipment, let alone their lack of acquaintance with the green conditions.

In one word: You have no chance, and it's not to blame you.

JamesMichaelOaks:
    I heard that it takes only the lowest 50 rounds from a Tour Pro to get a scoring average. I'm pretty sure that this includes 18 hole scores from Par 3's also.

I don't get the relevance to this tournament, because you shot a high score which would be eliminated from the average anyway.

Rest assured that Par3s do NOT count, neither do Par5s and CC Custom Courses. I heard that this course is built as a Custom Course, so these scores would not count towards the average.

(CC matters)

JamesMichaelOaks:
    What is going to happen if I am forced to resign from WGT play because I can't even compete anymore?
    It's safe to say that the world will keep on turning, and your members would be able to break free from your reign. Your CC might continue with a new owner (if you act accordingly), or people would find another great CC. (Sounds like good work of yours!)

Meanwhile, you might want to sort in your tough experience and get on to all the gratification that you may have from this game.

Have fun!!

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, May 2 2018 9:41 PM

JamesMichaelOaks:
    I am ranked as a Tour Pro. My average score is 68.8. My driver is rated for 230 yards (I average 235). Yet, because I am so good at managing my game and winning despite this 30-70 yard disadvantage, it puts me further back on the tee boxes in their U.S. Open. 

Everyone from a beginning hack to the top champion plays from the same tees in the Virtual U.S. Open. It is not tiered. You want and be able to compete now then play the Virtual Tour which is tiered then you might have a chance. The players on the top of the leader board in The Virtual U.S. Open have put in years and 1000's of rounds to get where they are today. But you just want WGT to make it easy for you to compete with them?? You need to do a little maturing. 

• JamesMichaelOaks
    23 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2018 12:48 PM

Thank you! I am trying to watch videos now but it is not giving me credits. I'll just hope for the best in the future.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2018 9:56 PM

My advice is to watch the videos on mobile - that is what I do, and it works.  Sometimes I need to go back a screen or two, or go to the putting green or do something else if it says it can't give more credits, and then try again.

RSS