Help › Forums

Re: Golf with Dazza501 IRL-Summer 2018

Mon, Nov 5 2018 6:58 AM (41 replies)
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2018 12:40 AM

mrcaddie:

bubbsboy:

I started to play again but after 3 months i had to stop.

Didnt play last year and wont be playing again i feel

Sad to hear Bubbs, was really hoping you could get back out there. You should definitely get together for the 19th hole thing with these guys.

Cheers....so was I 

Will reply to pm later mate.

• DJW2307
    13,387 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2018 3:50 AM

alosso:

DJW2307:
    Been doing some more digging on course options.
    I've been at Patshull Park and at Forest of Arden, plus Hawkstone Park (a tad further North).

Both parks are good fun - FoA (Marriott) may be on the expensive side (and M6 makes noise on the northern course!)

All great tracks indeed. Have been fortunate to play them all as well over the years. Fond memories of Hawkstone Park in the 1980's playing in County matches when Sandy Lyle's Dad was professional there and Peter Baker was the new big thing. They had the old Hawkstone and Weston courses, now replaced with the modified Hawkstone and Championship tracks, both still great tracks and fantastic scenery.

There are always offers available at the Belfry as well, although the Brabazon always remains expensive

• liam91
    3,130 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2018 5:56 AM

hi gents

it would depend on when you are thinking of playing but you definitely have my interest.I live in Kent but don't mind a bit of travelling.

please keep me informed on what gets decided

Mike

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2018 5:39 PM

Bump

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2018 10:54 AM

opyeuclid:

Hi , my name is OPY .  

I have a Putter ( real life type ) That I am willing to gift away , It is a Vintage type turtle / mallet with the flat grip thumb side up in its leather wrap when made . 

This putter is 1 of 3 that I have used when we did play ,  ( 50 some years )  The fist was gifted not to long ago .

I offer this Putter / Prize to be sent to Dazz ( if I can have address ) ( PM ) . so that he can hand it one of the players that show up .

OPY .

Side note , this putter fits the other side of the pond ,  

Take note WGT 

Opy, I know this is nearly a month late but damn, that's an awesome offer from your good self.

For me 2018 is unlikely but if for whatever reason this should be pushed back to 2019 then please let me know fairly well in advance.

I played for a few years before leaving the UK in 2004 and have only hit a few lake balls into a wood since.  My handicap used to be 17 but is probably reversed by now.

I'd love to get together with a few of you and have a knock around.  And a knock sideways.  And perhaps even backwards.  Saw someone do that once when they REALLY topped the ball, hit it into the turf and it came out backwards.

Please, make my dream come true.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Jun 24 2018 11:47 AM

Hi Dazza,

Can we get an update please? I'd really like to know if this is going to happen because I'd love to see some pics and read all about it.

MainzMan:
    For me 2018 is unlikely but if for whatever reason this should be pushed back to 2019 then please let me know fairly well in advance.

MM,

I do have a plan for a WGT golf outing in 2019 in the UK, but I'm not going to announce it in this section of the forums until Dazza's event takes place so we can keep his thread on the front page.

Stay tuned.

MC

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sun, Jun 24 2018 2:22 PM
    mrcaddie:
    Can we get an update please?
    Not a lot of interest at the moment. Struggling to get 2 four balls. Maybe everyone's already planned their holidays this year. We could go for next year some time if you have some guys who want to come over to the UK.
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Jun 24 2018 7:46 PM

DAZZA501:
    We could go for next year some time if you have some guys who want to come over to the UK.

Let's continue our conversation via pm and see if we can put together something for next year.

• drmoose
    3,531 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2018 4:18 AM
    Just saw this an' had to chime in. If there is anyway you can put this together, Dazza & co. it is a must do. I'm sittin' here now lookin' at a pic of me & the fellers at our meet up & can't help but smile. The opportunity to interact IRL with someone you've only known virtually over the years is a rather unique experience, ( Hell, believe it or not fellers, I even remember most of it :) Best of luck puttin' this together. Doc :)
  • WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2018 5:41 AM

Defo up for a meet be it here in the UK or Stateside... or wherever!

Anything planned for 2019 keep me in mind, please.

Cheers.

RSS