Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Missing Flags

Wed, Sep 5 2018 2:02 PM (23 replies)
  • JohanTV
    213 Posts
    Fri, May 25 2018 11:31 AM

And Yes, just played a mobile game again without any flagstick at all which is more difficult than you would expect. Mailed WGT again....

• JohanTV
    213 Posts
    Sat, Jun 23 2018 12:31 AM

WGTChampion:

The missing flag issue should be resolved in the newest iOS update that went out this morning. Be sure to update on your device. 

If you don't see the update when you go to get it, it means that the App store on your device has not refreshed. This is usually solved by fully closing and reopening the App store, or you can restart your device for the same result if you find that easier.

We also find that while the US updates pretty quickly after we launch these, it may take a little longer for other territories to make the update available. 

_CHAMPION 

Please fix, this is going on fir several months now. I mailed you guys a lot of times stating flagsticks are still missing a lot of cc games. Other players from my cc also have confirmed its still happening. I decided to just forfeit games without flagsticks which is especially annoying when you paid credits to get in the tournaments. So Please, Please fix the issue for mobile platform (iPad)

• TheSpark4
    42 Posts
    Sat, Jun 23 2018 4:43 AM

Had the unbridled joy of playing a CC tourney at Bandon last night. Back tees, heavy winds, 13.0 greens. Difficult at the best of times, a waste of time like this. 

‘Lost’ the pins on the 3rd tee, ground it out to the 9th level par. Came up short, 12y pitch, hit the pin which isn’t there but now decides it actually is, back to my feet 😳

Ridiculous such a glaring bug has gone un-fixed for so long. And frankly lamentable there’s been zero public indication (that I know of) that it’s a priority to do so.

But of course we did get a shiny new pro shop recently. Pathetic and sad in equal measures 😒

• JohanTV
    213 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2018 11:49 AM

Totally agree.

The flag is essential especially with 240+ shots where I have now no clue where the hole is positioned on the green.

It also seems to happen more and more. Just started 2 cc tournaments and both where missing flagsticks after hole one.

I also noticed all cc games created by one cc-member always has missing flagsticks. Mailed that to WGT and hope they will find a solution.

IF JohanTV = Playing then “Show flagsticks = True” ENDIF 😂

Anyway, due to these kind of lasting bugs I sometimes thinking of quiting the game at all (played for more than 500 consequetive days). I am only so close to the highest tier. Most likely I will be here till tiering up and than quit.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2018 3:31 PM

I just had to update my mobile app this morning.

If you haven't updated, update now. Hopefully it fixes it.

If you are on a PC, use a different browser. You can also Right Click the play now button and see what version Flash you have. V.30 is bad and a lot of problems

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2018 6:12 PM

JohanTV:
    It also seems to happen more and more. Just started 2 cc tournaments and both where missing flagsticks after hole one.

I set one recently and had no flagsticks from the get go, and a 10 day long par 5 18 holer at that. Very disappointing. First time I've ever had that happen to one that I set. Of note, I did for the first time ever choose the "Golf Ball" flag. I have chosen many other themed flags for tournaments and never had flags missing. Is the glitch in some of these flags that come with the Clash tees? Maybe?

Everything on PC here, no mobile. All 27 club members who played in the tournament had the same "no flagsticks at all" experience.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2018 8:37 PM

twinponds169:
    I set one recently and had no flagsticks from the get go, and a 10 day long par 5 18 holer at that. Very disappointing. First time I've ever had that happen to one that I set. Of note, I did for the first time ever choose the "Golf Ball" flag. I have chosen many other themed flags for tournaments and never had flags missing. Is the glitch in some of these flags that come with the Clash tees? Maybe?

Very well could be. I hope they don't expire on us.

Food for thought, we'll start paying attention to the flags or just leave them default

• jase025
    3,065 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2018 5:49 PM
    Load of crap done all updates re installed to many times to count , 2 months an still goes on , hey they fonts are really nice so there’s always that . Just fix the issue stop passing the buck pls wgt
  • JohanTV
    213 Posts
    Mon, Jul 30 2018 12:16 AM

Still happening on iPad now and than.

Don’t understand why WGT can’t/won’t fix it...

• muncher27
    416 Posts
    Mon, Jul 30 2018 1:57 AM

ive had problems with this game now for over 2 months, missing flags, a level 99 3 wood that only does 111 yrd max off the fareway, a driver that cannot make its mind up what distance it wants to drive, balls turning into 30mph winds etc, ive been talking to wgt over this for some while now but theyve stopped replying, yes they know its going cost them, this is the last reply i had off them 

WGT Member Services (WGT)

Jul 17, 2:04 PM PDT

Dear Ian,

This sounds like a glitch in the game, I would suggest deleting the app and restarting your device. I'm not sure what is causing these issues, but we are sorry for the inconvenience and are working on it from our end.

Have a great day,

WGT

RSS