Help › Forums

Re: Titleist Balls vs Taylormade

Fri, May 18 2018 5:53 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 12:54 PM

YankeeJim:

I can only speak for the 81 TMs and lower.

Try a sleeve or 2 of the lvl 61 balls if you have adjusted to the 81's meter, I think you will like them (especially approach shots)

and if you like them but still prefer the faster meter, the level 50 has the same stats with the 3.0 meter(slower)

FWIW, I play the lvl 81 on a few of the courses and like it, but it is harder to figure approach shots with the extra .5 spin for some reason...

• MFuston
    439 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 1:16 PM

YankeeJim:
    I'm finding the TMs are long off the tee but the approaches play like the ball is made of cotton.

Well put, and exactly what I've experienced.  Once a slight adjustment is made though, you can play with these balls just like the old Nike 61's/81's and for the same price.  Overall, I'm pleased with the 61/81 TM's.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 1:19 PM

Just finishing up a sleeve of the TM L61...they're okay, nothing to write home about.  Probably going back to the L33 Cally, suits me fine.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 1:56 PM

fatdan:
    and if you like them but still prefer the faster meter, the level 50 has the same stats with the 3.0 meter(slower)

The 48 is the same ball without the vapor trail and that was the 2nd one I tried after the 81 but the reduced distance and spin turned me off to that. I think getting used to the different approaches is where I'm headed but the punch and pitch shots are going to require a little more finesse than with the Nikes. 

Part of my problem is I don't take notes and rely on actually playing to get the feel for a ball. A practice trip to the back 9 at BPB alerted me to what to expect and I'm confirming it slowly but surely in AS play. That 81 will probably be the ball for me, as disappointing as it is.

• lonniescott711
    4,181 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 5:55 PM

YankeeJim:
    The 48 is the same ball without the vapor trail and that was the 2nd one I tried after the 81 but the reduced distance and spin turned me off to that.

+1 I tried the L48+ and it was very disappointing . It seemed to play kind of stiff and compared to my L35+ Cally ball it came up short . Nothing in the specs seemed right from top to bottom . Even the meter speed seemed to be faster than 3.0 . Im sticking with the L35+ Cally especially since I know what it will and can do . Plus its a 100 credits cheaper and a totally better ball than the L48+ TM .

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 5:22 AM

dancingdennis:

Well at least the ball goes a little further for significantly more money. Any feedback on the Taylor made balls appreciated

Awesome! Compared to RL as well;

TM in RL is the ball to play. I've used Titleist all my life in RL. Changed over to TM last month and found a huge difference in every aspect. The way the ball feels coming off the club to roll of the ball on the green.

I will still use Titliest (weather permitting) it is a GREAT gb but, I am slooowly getting hooked on TM balls. Here as well in RL.

• Dneirf
    417 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 5:53 AM

• PAGES
RSS