Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Your Opinion on the new Balls

Tue, May 15 2018 1:11 PM (24 replies)
  • CoolRunningx
    4,719 Posts
    Sat, Apr 28 2018 1:37 AM

My  thoughts

Think  a  step  forward,  with  the  Nike  Replacements,  loads  to  choose  from,  But a  little Pricey ...  on  the  Pocket

Started  mapping  the  Titleist Pro v1 x     975 credit balls,  as  i  prefer  the  4.5 Meter.!

wow  they  do  stop  very  quickly,   and  big differencs in the FBS  distances..

Mapping  the  Balls  with  different spin  ratios  to  suit  the  markings on  the  Balls....  will  take  a   while and  a  few  sleeves,  but  think  they  will  be  more  beneficial over the long run,   Except the Pocket...!

was tempted  instead to  get  the  Taylor made  lvl 96  750 credit balls...!  Think a  lot of  the  Great Players  will  choose  this  one...  over  the  prov v1x .....

Still  enjoy  the  WGT  Community within our  Club,  and  my  mrs  will  continue to be a  WGT  Widow...  !       She  owns  the  TV  remote  ;)

Choices  Choices  Choices  

All  the  best  

Bob

• thepack52
    218 Posts
    Sat, Apr 28 2018 6:51 AM

I used the free one. It was ok, but i'll stick with my Calli's. Price you know, why i never bought the Nikes. I can afford 20.00 a month in credits, I fill up my bag and hope they last. wish there were cheaper balls, but i need a slow meter, and you have to pay more for that..cheap arses

• Shaggieo
    11 Posts
    Sat, Apr 28 2018 8:11 AM

I used the free one also but unfortunately on my first shot it mysteriously went to the right and got lost in the weeds. So, I can't give an opinion but it did look pretty good flying thru the air and made a great sound pummeling the weeds! LOL. I'll just stick with my callaway 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Apr 28 2018 2:49 PM

YankeeJim:

The 81 TM does have the same specs as the 71 Nike but the meter is slower. That might not seem like a big deal but the slower meter is a pain.  :-(

Believe me I know, after the lvl 90 R11 irons, every time I bought new irons I went through this LOL

In fact, I have the lvl 103 TM driver but use the lvl 100 Nike, and lvl 98 TM 8 degree because the 103's meter is toooooo slow for me LOL

• RickRR
    118 Posts
    Tue, May 15 2018 1:11 PM

May be a few weeks late with comment, but ran out of Nike balls, and started using the TaylorMade 81 ball, same specs as the Nike 81 I was using. The only differences that I can tell right now is that the TaylorMade ball doesn't bite or stop as quick as the Nike when I use a Punch or Pitch shot even though the spin factor is the same. With the punch I now have to allow for a 2 - 4 yard roll depending on the shot percentage.

RSS