Help › Forums

Re: *** Release notes 4/26/18 ***

Mon, Jul 23 2018 6:33 PM (150 replies)
  • birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 1:51 AM

WaLk0fLiFe:

MainzMan:

So, as suspected, a replacement for Nike but apparently with a significant price jump.

The cheapest Titleist costs 675 credits but only has 0.5 more spin and less distance and a faster meter than the 400 credit Volvik ball.

Jeez WGT, I really like the game but sometimes I think you guys are taking the piss.

They have something for everyone..balls ranging from 10c to $10. That is how products work, to use the best/top of the line product  you pay more. It would be different if they didn't offer a reasonable ball at a lower price but they offer tons of options imo. Also if you look st the entertainment you get in terms of $ per hour it is actually quite reasonable compared to other hobbies, even if you use the most expensive stuff.

People often say it's a money grab and that wgt is all about making money. I sure hope they are because it is a business lol I reckon the site wouldn't be around long if they didn't try to make money. The site does not owe anybody anything. I am not saying wgt has no faults but ball price/selection is not one of them.

I agree. The TaylorMade balls come at a fair price and a lot of them are exact replicas of the Nikes. Titleist may be interesting for some top players, for me the slightly slower meter and more spin is not worth that much of a price increase compared to the "regular" balls. 

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 2:05 AM

WaLk0fLiFe:

They have something for everyone..balls ranging from 10c to $10. That is how products work, to use the best/top of the line product  you pay more.

My point was that the 675 credit Titleist ball is very far from a top product but is priced like one.  They had a very similar spec Nike ball that was sold for 400 credits

It seems to be a bit excessive to jack the price up nearly 70% just for it being a new brand.

I don't feel they owe me anything either, I've had many years of fun here for a relatively small outlay.

I just feel they could have stayed on roughly the same spec/price ratio that the Nike balls had.  I bet we'd all complain if a shoe shop plastered a Titliest label over the Nike logo on a pair of shoes and stuck the price up like that.

• stevietwotimes
    1,327 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 2:39 AM

WOW......theTitleist balls starting at 625 going up to 1050 creds...

i can go out and buy ( Real) Tileist Golf balls for cheaper than Virtual ones...

not saying i have to buy them but jeeez,have you guys lost all reality ?

looks like you are fleecing your customers big time..Get Real...

MainzMan:
    They have something for everyone..balls ranging from 10c to $10.

but to stay competitive you cant play with eggs.

• Robbo81303
    410 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 2:47 AM

birchi:
    People often say it's a money grab and that wgt is all about making money. I sure hope they are because it is a business lol I reckon the site wouldn't be around long if they didn't try to make money. The site does not owe anybody anything. I am not saying wgt has no faults but ball price/selection is not one of them

Hmmm......we are now paying more and what do we get?  A few clubs / balls with marginally better specs.

What have we lost?

1)  No 'new' course this year

2)  Oakmont

3)  The original (and, to most, better) BOP3, 4, & 5 courses,

4)  The ability to play Cabo & Whistler in weekly tournaments, and

5)  Crummier prizes for VUSO, etc.

Sure looks like shameless moneygrubbing to me.

Edit:  Sorry, quoted Birchi's post instead of WaLk0fLiFe's.  Didn't feel like writing the whole post over again. 

• xz05fm
    2,353 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 2:54 AM

We've also lost the The Nike 20XI level 70 and 71 balls with no like for like replacement.   The level 48 versions have a Taylormade equivalent. Typical, as I liked those level 71 balls at 450 credits!

• AceHoler26
    325 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 2:56 AM

Want the ludicrous prices for the Titlelist balls to drop ?

Simple solution - Don't buy them.

You would have at least thought at those ridiculous prices they could have at least increased the duration from 2.5 to 3.5 or 4.0.....

• peoch
    1,127 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 3:07 AM
    Titlelist ball lvl 57 in pro shop it sas D 5,2 S 3,7 Du 2,5 M 3,5, but in the game it sas D 5,1 S 3,7 Du 2,5 M 3,7. Just a note lol. More bugs ?????
  • protonc
    644 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 3:28 AM

When's the "exciting news" coming..........?

• PSUTOM
    188 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 3:29 AM

They could charge 10,000 credits for the new balls it won't affect me one bit. I use the cheapies that are just slightly better than the rock. I can get to a par five green in two with what I use so what's the point? The rest is just putting and I don't see an expensive ball solving that problem.

• duffputt
    314 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 3:56 AM

Titleist LVL90 975 credit pr sleeve is sold as 5,6 distance and 5.2 spin.

U get 5.5 distance and 5.1 spin

Meter is 4.5 as promised.

Get it fixed WGT

RSS