Forums

Help › Forums

Pc vs. Mobile

Thu, May 20 2021 1:08 PM (20 replies)
  • Papabukk
    708 Posts
    Tue, Apr 17 2018 12:23 PM

I’m learning most of you legends and masters and such are playing via PC, I wonder if mobile users are limited? I’d like to hear from some high ranking mobile users. I’m considering changing. If I can. 

• Dicecroup
    12 Posts
    Sun, May 13 2018 9:11 PM

Papabukk:

I’m learning most of you legends and masters and such are playing via PC, I wonder if mobile users are limited? I’d like to hear from some high ranking mobile users. I’m considering changing. If I can. 

TM, level 87 mobile only. (ipad)

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Mon, May 14 2018 2:43 PM

If you decide to switch to mobile check out NYC Country Club, we are all mobile players :)

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, May 14 2018 3:44 PM

Papabukk:

I play both.

Probably 75%-80% mobile.

In my opinion it's easier to score on PC. just because it's easier to time the dings and i think it's easier to read the greens on a PC.

I use the same math on either system and play the exact same shots.

PC gives you alt shot and match play.

Mobile gives you H2H coin games and apparel.

Can use mobile apparel in clashes.

Can play club tourneys on both systems.

Can play RGs on both systems.

my suggestion give it a whirl. worst case scenario figure out which system you like more.

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Mon, May 14 2018 10:37 PM

I also play both formats.  To me, clicking a mouse is easier than tapping a mobile device screen, especially for accuracy...although the mobile version seems more forgiving.  I didn’t start playing mobile until a year ago so my growth was on the PC.  Having played both ways I think advancing on mobile would be more difficult due to the precision required and a mouse works best for that.  Robert (Who posts in the forum frequently) may have a differing opinion as I believe he advanced via mobile.  Hopefully he sees this and chimes in.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Mon, May 14 2018 11:43 PM

pmm711:

I also play both formats.  To me, clicking a mouse is easier than tapping a mobile device screen, especially for accuracy...although the mobile version seems more forgiving.  I didn’t start playing mobile until a year ago so my growth was on the PC.  Having played both ways I think advancing on mobile would be more difficult due to the precision required and a mouse works best for that.  Robert (Who posts in the forum frequently) may have a differing opinion as I believe he advanced via mobile.  Hopefully he sees this and chimes in.

When I play on my Fire, I use an OTG cable and wired mouse (not a gaming mouse that needs a program installed). OTG cost about $6.00(?) and the mouse is just a cheapie, too (10.00). So much easier than tapping.

Mobile is much more forgiving, and once you know that the putting breaks are a bit more than what you would normally play, it's not too bad. 

The only thing I dislike about playing mobile is the lack of camera views. 

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, May 15 2018 7:39 AM

Another idea for you to consider is playing the mobile format on your PC. Use of  a  Nox or BlueStacks emulator with the WGT app installed allows for the combination of PC qualities and the mobile attributes. 

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Tue, May 15 2018 8:42 AM

You have some good input from those above... 

While the mobile may be more forgiving in some ways, I have found heavy winds more difficult to play on the mobile platform.  On the desktop with the larger screen you can use various methods or rely more on the grid box to somewhat measure or adjust wind offset.  To an extent this can be done on mobile, but I just find it more finicky.  

As noted above, putting can be different on the two platforms.  

I feel I can score better on the desktop platform, but so can a lot of other people so it is hard to tell whether you are just another fish or playing well enough to actually win some credits.  

On the mobile platform with the sponsor apparel, I find I can play a lower end ball like the L11 or L13 Srixon and still play competitively in coin games.  I don't venture in the highest stakes rooms much as I figure the sharks feed there.  Playing a lower end ball can save you thousands of credits over time, so that may be something to consider.  Whereas if I play on the desktop and hope to have a chance in a WGT tournament, I generally feel I have to play a ball 2 or 3X more than what I would play on the mobile.  

If I play the mobile only weekly tournament offered by WGT, the sponsor apparel is deactivate but is still worn and you play "standard" equipment again, then I will load in a better ball to have more spin and distance again.  

I also find timing the meter on a small/med size tablet challenging at times, so I may look into JayW's suggestion on the mouse.  

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, May 15 2018 10:06 AM

Mobile users aren't limited, but the "mechanics" of progression are different.

By playing "mobile" games like H2H and "rooms", you stay at 150 average but rise in tiers at certain levels, by amassing XPs - diligence! This has been confirmed up to Legend tier.

PC players mostly rely on ranked strokeplay which is slightly hidden in the mobile apps. But, you may use these games on both platforms to gain in average and receive tier promotions.

• Dubera
    9 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2019 2:00 PM

I am mobile! WGT doesn’t have separate servers for mobile vs pc. Mobile players will never have a shot in WGT tourneys or clash and turf until they set up separate severs! There are cheats that pc players use that make mobile users irrelevant! Check YouTube, you’ll see. 20, 21 under on 14 greens with high winds, champions tees, hard pin placements!! Give me a break! Spin your guy around and make him dizzy on pc and you’ll never miss a putt! It’s Ok though, I’ve learned that very few people have the integrity that I have, including WGT. I just deal with it

RSS