Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Spend money on coins or actual new equipment?

Sat, Jun 16 2018 11:19 AM (33 replies)
  • DarthMo0
    43 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2018 3:10 PM

Two month update:

I did as many surveys as I could, played the games for the required time, and signed up for trials (spent about $8 real money). Doing all of that, I was able to rack up around 5,500 credits. Using that, I purchased the level 48 Taylormade Driver, along with an inexpensive set of irons and wedges and putter. I don't see a need yet to purchase a 3-wood. There are maybe two or three holes that I can't reach in two with the starter three wood which actually has a good meter speed.

Adding these modest clubs (relative to my level) has made a huge difference in my game. I'm able to hold approach shots on slick greens and I end up with an eagle putt on most pair fives. I had never had an eagle before. I get under fifteen foot birdie putts on most par 4s. Yes, I've gotten better at the game in general, but the clubs have definitely helped.

So while practice is very important, you definitely hold yourself back by sticking with all starter equipment. 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Jun 15 2018 7:45 AM

Robert1893:

K7JBQ:

Having both drivers, I find the Nike indeed holds its own with the R1...downwind.

Upwind, the R1 is much better.

And while the forgiveness number is as you stated, the R1 just seems more forgiving.

For me, it was definitely worth the $.

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it and will keep it mind. Sometime in July, I should get to level 103. Based on what you write here, I'll give it some serious consideration. 

And even though both are rated high trajectory I find that the R1 flies a little higher getting you over some things that the Nike might not have. 

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Fri, Jun 15 2018 11:11 AM

@ borntobesting

The thing is that I'm still hoping that WGT will introduce a high-level Titleist driver that might be a touch better. 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2018 11:19 AM

Robert1893:

@ borntobesting

The thing is that I'm still hoping that WGT will introduce a high-level Titleist driver that might be a touch better. 

Actually I keep hoping for a high level Cobra Driver, Been playing my Cobra M-Speed LD Driver for around 9 or 10 years now.

RSS