Sun, Jul 14 2019 8:26 AM (55 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2019 5:32 PM

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Sat, Jul 13 2019 5:30 AM

rlowvaughn:

The number of lip-outs has become absurd the past few months. 

Well, yes, maybe. There are a lot of lip-outs, especialy if one plays a putt with too much power. But absurd, hm... Absurd is that good players with good gear - and I count myself as one of them - play rounds arround 60 one after the other. Birdies feel like par and a par feels like a bogey, if you know what I mean. So everything that makes the game a little harder is a good thing in my opinion.

However, for myself I dont care. I play my rounds here and there - more and more with uneven lies - and I have fun with it. So let the putts lip out. As long as they do for others same way than for me it´s ok.

Just my two cents, written in funny frisian english, hehehe...

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sat, Jul 13 2019 9:48 AM
    I've been seeing the same complaint since I started playing. Nothing has changed with the game. Truth be told, sometimes you're between a rock and hard place. Some putts need to be struck firmly to hold the line, and when you do that, lip outs can happen. True here and in real golf. Lip outs (almost) always happen when you use a little too much mustard. It is what it is.
  • DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, Jul 13 2019 7:44 PM

We like to complain about the putts that don't fall but don't come complain about the ones that fall that maybe should not have!!

I have had a run of almost/maybes for a while now and today I had two ring-around-the-roseys in the same round.  That is, putts that hit the low side and went MORE than 360 degrees around the cup and dropped.

I am not complaining!!   \;=)

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Sun, Jul 14 2019 6:19 AM

A Iip0ut means u aIm0st made it.

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Sun, Jul 14 2019 8:26 AM

Yiannis1970:

Speed is everything inside the greens. 

+1

lipsout when your aim is good means at 101% that u hit too hard. 

RSS