Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT needs to stop the cheats

Sun, Nov 22 2020 12:51 PM (75 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 27 2018 4:27 PM

fatdan:
    The only cheats that really work are the ones with the actual game code overwritten

Right but that's quite different than the cheat code being talked about. IIRC, "math doesn't lie" came out of one of those.  :-D

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Mar 27 2018 4:43 PM

Ahhhhh, no not really...

the scrip you use to overwrite the game code is hex code... you can buy already in a program like most do...

or create a scrip to overwrite it, and make it whatever you want....takes some knowledge to make one, but you could teach a kid how to overwrite it in 10 minutes...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 28 2018 5:40 AM

fatdan:
    you could teach a kid how to overwrite it in 10 minutes...

Heh, they're looking for the L L R D U D R L code.  :-D

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2018 6:55 AM

WaLk0fLiFe:
    The top players on new accounts is what kills the game faster than anything else. I know tons of people who no longer compete in anything on wgt except alt shots with close friends because their tier is filled with restarting champions. It is obvious when one pops up but very difficult for wgt to police..unfortunate. Some people reject reality and defend these players to the death as well lol

totally agree

• Ian404
    65 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2018 4:12 AM

I agree, spoiling the game.....it's so obvious too.

• MartinuZ
    35 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 8:19 AM

My answer is: WGT has no clue about this. They just want our money. They are good too give new balls, clubs etc. But the game inself they cant control.

Palle

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 11:55 AM

mkrizan86:

Tigerpaw509:

Jimbog1964:
    60 is just the start of good scoring...............

Weird how out of 22 million users and 70,000 CC their is only a couple hundred able to do it.

Then there are those that can shoot under 5 feet on a 9 hole Closest to the pin tournament but seem to be average when playing with them live.

Just one more in the long line of brilliant and informative comments by the "clueless brigade". 

1. I doubt there are over 100.000 active players.

2. The CTTH scores you see from other players on your FL, when you finish a round, are their possible bests (just as you can see your possible best in your scorecard). Which means they're the sum of their best score only on every individual hole. When someone plays a course 200 times, he's bound to hit it within inches on every hole at least once (not in the same round, of course). But that's the total you'll see as their "score", when you finish your round and you're asked, if you'd like to issue a challenge.

Any chance you'd actually get informed next time, before you start writing silly stuff, you trumpet?

P.S.: As for only a couple of hundred being able to score low. We have about 50 in our CC, that can score in the mid to low 50s at times, but around 15, who can score mid 50s regularly. There are probably somewhere around 500 active players, who could do that. as for the rest, mediocrity is always in the vast majority, according to Gauss ;-)

Your post is excellent again

I think on wgt there is 5% of great players, 5% of average players (like me) and 90% of players who don't try to be better, don't want to practice and don't try to learn from better players or read plenty of infos about the game on the forum.

Mediocrity is the vast majority like you say.

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 4:28 PM

micheldess:

I think on wgt there is 5% of great players, 5% of average players (like me) and 90% of players who don't try to be better, don't want to practice and don't try to learn from better players or read plenty of infos about the game on the forum.

Mediocrity is the vast majority like you say.

Whould be nice also know the amount of that ''great players'' who can score ''low'' using starter equip, starter balls to be exact, i find more mediocrity in score ''low'' using all the bull$hit help this game sell/provide...so someone can think are ''good'' in a computer game (ridiculous)

An advice people,...dont care much about this game, its FAR to be a game of Golf, its just a golf THEMED game to work like a cash machine

• Faz2000
    93 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2018 1:08 AM

Doesn't anyone just PLAY the game for fun?

I came second in a tournament the other day! I was ecstatic and proud of myself! I shot 29 + 31 at Erin Hills in Legend Tier. It took luck, and I was nervous, and I almost blew it, and I also ran 3-4 putts inches past the hole. The difference between winning and not being competitive is pretty small. It was definitely my best performance at that course, too, one I struggle with.

I look at guys winning $1000s and scoring 53s in tournaments and I think I could never do that. I can't see how I'll ever make TL or Champion level, but... then again... maybe I will, in time. A month ago I didn't think I'd get on the podium at any tournament in Legend Tier. A few months ago I couldn't imagine making it to Master Tier. And I was swinging my L48 R1 driver around hitting 64 credit WGT balls wondering why anyone would ever bother with anything else.

If you want to get better, play more, read more tips, practice what you're doing, actually take note of the equipment you use and what others say about it. Nobody has the right to expect to compete against people who put in the hours and take this seriously (and perhaps, spend the money).

If you turn up to a head to head game with rocks and starter Wedges as a level 60 Tour Pro, expect to get thrashed quite regularly.

RSS