Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Clash numbers (Question)

Thu, Mar 29 2018 10:02 AM (89 replies)
  • Nancy1959
    7,060 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 5:19 PM

I haven't heard about the Bushwacker's Gift program.  Of course, it's pretty rare that I read the WGT forum and I'm assuming something has been posted somewhere there about this?

I'd be interested to know what this is, how to give, and who is benefited?  I have given a lot of gifts to others inside and outside of our CC in gifting passes, balls, lots of clubs... even entire club sets.  And many in our CC are very generous with others as well.

So you shouldn't assume that we are a CC made up of people that are only about "us". That's really not fair to do so because you don't know what me or anyone else does with our money!

Although I would like to hear more about it, please tell me that the Bushwacker's program is not the only thing you were talking about when you suggest that The G doesn't "work with their peers in the larger WGT community."   Do you have other examples?

As far as being "set apart" from other CC's, it's very clear that The G has been for some time as far as CC xp and Clash victories.  That's just stating what is obvious to all who care to notice.  That doesn't make us better than any other CC, obviously, but it does mean that we have had the most success in those two areas.  Many don't care at all about those things and I totally get why.  Maybe their CC is the best at being warm and friendly. Or the highest CC in money earned in WGT events like Ready Go.  Or their players are mobile players and their CC pride is in winning the Turf Wars.  Or maybe they just want to be about relaxing and having fun with no expectations from its members.  Or whatever.....

That is why there are a lot of CC's.  That is a good thing, because players here should be able to find a good match to what they are looking for in a CC.  If they cannot, then they can always start their own CC and work to create their own culture.

People don't need to always be bashing The G.  I have become very loyal to this group. We have so many wonderful people (in so many ways) there.  We come together as a team in a big way.  But it's certainly not for everyone, lol!

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 5:43 PM

Nancy1959:
    People don't need to always be bashing The G.

I'm sorry Nancy , That was not my intent when I started this thread ,  I'm sure the G has a lot of fine people ,  We played you guys in a CC vs. CC match last year .  It was fun and everyone had a good time .  

As I said earlier , I don't blame you guys for winning the clashes . I would like to see another club win every once in a while . Apparently that's not going to happen.  You guys are the # 1 club  in XPs and the clashes . No one can deny that .

I hope we can give you guys a run sometime , Maybe after your mass exodus .LOL 

I wish you all the luck ..

PS. If you guys want to do something for the WGT community ,  I would suggest that every couple of months you sit out of a clash and let some other club win. 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 6:00 PM

Nancy1959:
    So you shouldn't assume that we are a CC made up of people that are only about "us". That's really not fair to do so because you don't know what me or anyone else does with our money!

I didn't assume Nancy, if you read my post or my earlier posts, I indicated there are things I can not possibly be aware of...I can only go on my observations... I can not speak to things I have no way of observing.  It goes without saying countless people give gifts across the entire WGT spectrum...

I was speaking to a "perception" issue, perception can be based on a person's observation whether they have all the details...the perception is that to an extent despite the things some people do not observe The G can give off a selfish image...It does not mean that it is entirely true but it is how it can appear to some. 

I have also acknowledged that it goes without question there are lots of good people...but the G has also lost good people because of the ongoing internal strife that you have since acknowledged does occur as it does for all clubs with lots of diverse people.  It can be the challenge for any club, but some of this is unique to the G because of the Clash and the GP that is referenced at times.

Below were the examples I gave earlier that you asked me to touch on again, I provided a link for the gift of golf, but I didn't go back and find the thread on Jason's fundraising effort and members of The G could have been involved but none stood out when I watched his fundraising stream but other names did stand out. sorry for having to resort quoting myself but I didn't want to retype everything.

el3n1:

Take the gift of golf program sponsored by the Bushwackers...that program is genuinely helping people across WGT not just within their own club.  I have far more respect and admiration for what they are doing to help the game and players who may not have access to credits or the videos that so many can take advantage of... 

Or take what Jason (Young46) did to try and help Andrew (Lizard69) when he worked to raise funds for his medical procedure.  People on WGT came together even members like Fmag's, JayW, and Walkoflife were there donating their credits and time to play in a round during that event.  Those are the type of things that allow me to see this community can come together...

• Nancy1959
    7,060 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 6:26 PM

No, I actually appreciate you explaining it further.

I wasn't ever aware of either Bushwacker's or Jason's opportunities that they had going on. Perhaps people should find more avenues of getting the word out on things like these other than the WGT forum.  Since there are so many posts on here in many different categories, I am like most who rarely if ever read them.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 7:39 PM

I agree the forums feel like a black hole sometimes ... hard to find good info but it amazes me how much you can find if you dig... one member even shared a link on how to find stuff that has been removed but was archived at some point in the past.  I cant remember the name or link but the topic i searched that time was on JC sneeds putting method so it should still be in that thread.  

Will have to brainstorm other options...some clubs have webpages that they use so maybe creating something like that...  even though each of these things had threads going on them they can move off the top of the list quickly then be missed if it doesnt stay active...

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 10:31 PM

Nancy1959:

Of course, it's pretty rare that I read the WGT forum 

Funny how you always find these posts :-)

Nancy1959:

And many in our CC are very generous with others as well.

+1

The Georgian is full of givers.  Sue and her crew of directors help ALL newcomers in countless ways.  When I was new to the game The Georgian took me in and helped me improve in so many ways.  I’m extremely grateful for everything The Georgian did for me and I know many other WGT members who feel the same way.  

And, contrary to popular belief, members of The Georgian aren’t required to spend money.  Sue merely asks that members try to play their 2 free CC Passes on a daily basis...emphasis on the word “try”.  If you only play 1 free CC pass per day you’ll stay in good favor with the CC.  That’s a very doable expectation and players get rewarded in so many ways by doing so.  Anyone who has a problem with touching a simple button before play shouldn’t expect to stay on board as they definitely aren’t a team player.  And Sue and the gang love team players.

Nancy1959:

People don't need to always be bashing The G.  I have become very loyal to this group. We have so many wonderful people (in so many ways) there.  We come together as a team in a big way.  But it's certainly not for everyone, lol!

The Georgian exemplifies “Teamwork”...and not just in Clash Events.  Back in the day we had a rather hilarious CC forum.  I must admit...I miss those days.

• Nancy1959
    7,060 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 11:09 PM

pmm711:
    Funny how you always find these posts :-)

Thanks for your post, Paul.  And I usually find "these posts" when someone in our CC posts something about it in our CC forum.  That is something that I do read every day and that takes enough time just in and of itself.   :)

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Mar 21 2018 8:00 AM

Nancy -- As you have also alluded and has been mentioned by former members, if anything, given the overall teamwork and generous number of people in the G, one of if the only source of conflict ... tends to center around the golden putter...

But, since it has been tested, it can't be exchanged, it can't be sold back to WGT, it is virtually no better than any other putter that can be bought, wouldn't the G benefit far more from a clash victory if say WGT offered 2 dozens sleeves of balls?  Now that is something that could be distributed, helping more people within the G.  Couldn't the G simply refuse the golden putter pointing out it is a far greater source of conflict and can not be split up...

If the goal is simply working together as a team and winning the clash, the golden putter is really insignificant...so why not remove it from the picture....ask WGT to keep it or offer a more sensible prize that can help more of your members.  Seems to me that doing so would possibly go a long way towards resolving or avoiding any conflict that arises around the issue.  

Now, if members internally are assigning some additional kind of trophy value to it, then it will continue and always have conflict centered around it, but it seems you could easily address and rid yourself of this one area that potentially resurfaces to cause further unwanted conflict and in fighting among members, at least that is how I have heard it described.

Just a thought...

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Wed, Mar 21 2018 8:41 AM

ATM's in Dubai pay out gold bars .

• cowboytux
    304 Posts
    Wed, Mar 21 2018 8:45 AM

All clubs have good and bad players If Wgt really wanted to make it a fair game a clash would be set up where they had club against club but a waiting room where each club would have there players in a waiting room where the computer would set a match against two player's one from each club the winner of game would get the bigger points score. that way a club of 75 would have a chance against a club of 250. Would make it fair for all. If the owner's of the club's would work together then this game mite have a little less drama we would still have bully's in some of the clubs. But wgt will not change format do to they think they  will lose revenue but in fact it would go up do to more clubs getting involved and we all like to play against someone else and not by ourselves. there for more players = more pases,balls, and mabey special affects sold. Think about it my two cents Les

RSS