Help › Forums

Re: Enough with these Ball Effect Promotions

Fri, Mar 16 2018 5:13 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2018 9:06 AM

Robert1893:
    given the issue with mobile passwords a while back, I wasn't thrilled about giving up control over what my password

Good choice ... never reveal your password.

Robert1893:
    They had no idea what had caused the glitch.

Because they NEVER test before release!

I would feel much better if they gave me the choice to accept the free promotion, like they do when the USGA free avatars are available, you have to go to the ProShop to receive it.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2018 4:07 PM

ZioMio:

Robert1893:
    given the issue with mobile passwords a while back, I wasn't thrilled about giving up control over what my password

Good choice ... never reveal your password.

FWIW

They don't know what your password is they'd simply have had to change it to something temporary to access you account.  I mean they're CS, if you can't trust them with your account who can you trust?

Robert1893:
    They had no idea what had caused the glitch.

ZioMio:

Because they NEVER test before release!

That's obviously false.

ZioMio:

I would feel much better if they gave me the choice to accept the free promotion, like they do when the USGA free avatars are available, you have to go to the ProShop to receive it.

C'mon Zio quit complaining for the sake of it.   Free ball effects are 100% a non issue for me -- just like the free ball they give you for entering VT events.  You don't have to use them just like you don't have to equip the effects.  

I've never purchased a ball effect, but I have equipped the free ones while having some fun.  Try it while you're having a friendly alt shot or something you might be surprised how amusing it is -- kind of makes it fun.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2018 5:13 PM

kavvz:

FWIW

They don't know what your password is they'd simply have had to change it to something temporary to access you account.  I mean they're CS, if you can't trust them with your account who can you trust?

I understand all of that. I've been through the process with accounts I have with textbook publishers and their Learning Management System. Every once in a while I need one of their reps. to set some stuff up for me. But at least with them, they let me reset the temporary password to allow them access. That's why I wrote, " I wasn't thrilled about giving up control over what my password was" (emphasis added).

I didn't say that I didn't want to give them my password. It's not that I don't trust them with my account. I don't trust that they'll use a sufficiently strong enough password that wouldn't make my account vulnerable.

While I respect CS and the work they do, at times, they don't have the best track record. As I understand it, the password glitch with mobile accounts can be traced back to the default passwords that were assigned by WGT.

Now, maybe I have it wrong. But I have a ton of credits, and I really don't want to put those credits at risk for something that (a) could correct itself with an update, and (b) doesn't really affect game play. It's simply a minor annoyance. Yes, it's back. I thought it went away, but it didn't.  

But yes, I completely understood that I wasn't giving them my password. I understand the process. 

• PAGES
RSS