Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Clash 68 with Set of the Week

Mon, Apr 16 2018 3:11 PM (186 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Mar 17 2018 10:18 AM

el3n1:
    Again, aside from the glitches, I appreciate the effort, and hope you consider their are vastly more opinions than just those who chose to be critical which sometimes can also be the loudest voices...but it doesn't make them the only voices or perspectives out there.

See....You just had to give it a chance. ;-)

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Mar 17 2018 10:25 AM

I expect modifications before the next one. There was no reason to waste our Nike's when we can't get spin on the anyway. From what I have read, a lot of others were doing the same thing.

In short, nobody was buying 600-700 credit balls for this, we didn't need them.

My biggest gripe is still, that it affects your stats, and it should not.

I loved the Scoring system, SOTW not so much because we could not stop the ball.

We finished 28th and we are usually in the 50's, so I have to say participation is way down in this as well.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sat, Mar 17 2018 10:56 AM

alcaucin:
    See....You just had to give it a chance. ;-)

wasn't sure if you were needling or just having fun...but honestly...different set of clubs and this driver did not have the flakiness of the former driver which seemed prone to even more errant shots spraying around.  I think WGT would have had a lot more complaints with that particular set because others in our club also noted inconsistencies as well.  

but, yes...for me...SOTW can largely depend on the particular set of clubs and the putter in that set.  Some sets I don't play specifically because of the putter which seem to be as erratic as the driver, but it could also be me...I am not an expert.  

Appreciate the note though!

• BobApollo
    2,039 Posts
    Sat, Mar 17 2018 6:10 PM

I haven't read all the replies about CC #68 with SOTW, so maybe someone mentioned what we all knew about the rounds in this clash.  

Were not all of us hitting from the Medium Tee Boxes on each of the courses?

Didn't that make hitting with the SOTW clubs more palatable?

I know I could not have done anything hitting from the back tees with that club set.  After trying two rounds, I would have decided, this isn't for me.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 7:22 AM

DonCaron:

I expect modifications before the next one. There was no reason to waste our Nike's when we can't get spin on the anyway. From what I have read, a lot of others were doing the same thing.

ah... but you can get spin on them. i did. as to how... well. top secret. lol (not really) i've posted about it before.

if you don't believe me go back a few days and look at the scoring on the clash rounds that i played. trust me. i got spin on them.

• craigswan
    30,970 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 7:29 AM

My cc won a course builder . After playing 3 different 9 hole games no extra xp points .Have I missed something .

RSS