Forums

Help › Forums

Re: NEW COURSES

Fri, May 11 2018 8:05 PM (24 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,962 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2018 9:06 AM

Miantiao:

so would doing a deal with Cabo and Whistler other than charging Membership fees....

My FAPC would be happy if we could just play ALT and/or Matchplay on Cabo and Whistler, even with a fee.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2018 10:02 AM

Miantiao:

Developing a couple of the Blitz courses into full 18 hole courses would be great. so would doing a deal with Cabo and Whistler other than charging Membership fees....

My two picks: Bali Hai and Wolf Creek. Runners up: Valhalla and  Manele

I would love this. Celtic Manor would be great also

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Mar 27 2018 4:14 AM

In this modern world we have many choices for entertainment. We can watch network TV day after day and soon realize that the shows all tend to fit  certain formulas  based on their various genres. To some of us this it becomes boring. This would be expected and is proven because shows get cancelled every year, when people stop watching ( or never start).

Next there just might be people who still enjoy PacMan or Donkey Kong. Gran Turismo is 20 years old. Do people still play the original or have they moved on? We are a jaded society and have come to expect newer, flashier, more exciting, and more challenging.

For many reasons the entertainment companies that we have come to rely on to bring us this new and greater entertainment fail in this forward movement. When that happens some of us move forward while others stay in place. There are even some of us that go backwards. ( The cable network, TV Land, proves this point)

WGT has perhaps reached this point in its forward looking development. For some unknown reason they may have stagnated. For those of us who have become jaded with the current game, my advice would be to start looking for a new entertainment venue, of which there are many. For the rest of us, accept that this stagnation has happened, put on a smile, hit the first tee on your favorite existing course, and enjoy a round!

• dancingdennis
    1,341 Posts
    Tue, Mar 27 2018 11:08 AM
    I still am not by any means bored with this game or the real game either and I don’t play as many different courses in real life every year as compared to WGT. The custom courses HAVE been a real pleasure and you can put some interesting combination of holes that are fun & challenging. Have your club make a “Doggy Style “ course with all doglegs except for par 3- or “The Beach” with holes that have sand that you hit into sometimes. You can really be creative and change them up once in a while There are endless opportunities to keep playing & have fun - just play
  • oface9701
    5 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2018 8:05 PM

I’m only master and I suck but I play so much that I’m bored to death with this game so I can’t imagine how a lot of you feel. Especially when there were 2 courses that were supposedly coming soon last year and they miraculously disappeared. I believe one was in the Netherlands? It’s time to expand the Wgt world. 

RSS