Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Average

Sun, Feb 25 2018 10:09 AM (9 replies)
  • Jeremiaslukas1
    16 Posts
    Thu, Feb 22 2018 9:33 AM

Trying hard to level up. What am I doing wrong?

• Next260
    2,194 Posts
    Thu, Feb 22 2018 6:57 PM

Jeremiaslukas1:

In my opinion ,what you are doing wrong is trying hard.

I've looked a your profile , with your current equipment , just play and have fun, tier advancement will come.

• GolfingSeti
    92 Posts
    Thu, Feb 22 2018 9:01 PM

I can't figure it out either...

DOOMED to forever be in Legend Tier I suppose. Or as the Legend Tier is being commonly referred to now, " The Bottle Neck ".

Though everyone you ask has a different opinion and answer, I believe that I must get below a scoring average of 60.0 in order to finally advance to Tour Legend. But as fate would have it, my average is solidly glued at 60.2

For Example - Just minutes ago, joined a Pebble Beach front 9 round with a 60.2 scoring average on Hole # 1, completed the round at - 6, and left with a scoring average of 60.2

If I must shoot - 7 or better to lower my average score, I'm in serious trouble and probably never advancing from Legend ( AKA The Bottle Neck )

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Feb 22 2018 10:51 PM

Jeremiaslukas1:

I guess that you are talking about tiering up to Tour Master(?)

(Levels are tied to XPs - Fleißkärtchen)

Can't tell to the point, but allow me my two Pfennig (auch auf Deutsch wenn Du magst):

You have all the high level equipment but scarcely shoot sub-Par scores. There are isolated 66s (33) to 68, but the majority is higher.

The next promotion will be at 63.00 average - unfortunately outside your range now. Thus, I support the previous notion to forget about tiering. Play along, have fun and think about course management.

You've played no multiplayer games (Matches, Alternate Score). If you play on PC, try them! It's a lot of fun with friends or in the CC, and you may learn from the others by watching and talking!

Another two Pfennig on your equipment:

You may be better off with a third wedge below your PW - get a free slot in the bag by dropping the hybrid.

Your balls look way too expensive - I'd suggest the L33 Callies or some in between.

And, consider NOT to buy CC passes - they contribute only marginally to your CC's benefit, compared to a daily free pass with CDP, and your CC doesn't need that!

• treebeard
    227 Posts
    Sat, Feb 24 2018 11:02 PM

My guess is he means tour legend

"".DOOMED to forever be in Legend Tier I suppose. Or as the Legend Tier is being commonly referred to now, " The Bottle Neck ". ""

And in all fairness, I've been here for ages too.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 24 2018 11:09 PM

GolfingSeti:
    If I must shoot - 7 or better to lower my average score, I'm in serious trouble and probably never advancing from Legend ( AKA The Bottle Neck )

You do. Go by the numbers, not the score to par. You basically need 500 rounds of 30 or less. If that 30 is only replacing a 31 in your history you won't see an instant change like you would with a 29 or 28 until you shoot several of them.

The last .05 points are the hardest to get.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sun, Feb 25 2018 3:20 AM

treebeard:
    My guess is he means tour legend

"".DOOMED to forever be in Legend Tier I suppose. Or as the Legend Tier is being commonly referred to now, " The Bottle Neck ". ""

While I replied to Jeremias, that's GS's comment. (I'm in that boat, too).

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Sun, Feb 25 2018 5:45 AM

Gotta shoot -7 (sometimes -6) or better to move .01 in average.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Feb 25 2018 7:35 AM

Well that leaves me screeeeeeeeeeewed. All good.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, Feb 25 2018 10:09 AM

Fear of success is just as real as fear of failure.

How many times have you gotten to 5 or 6 under after 7 holes and said, "hey I'm looking at 28 or 29 here" ... and promptly finished the round bogey bogey? If you're like me, many times.

What I try to do now is take it shot by shot and block the score out of my head until the last putt drops.

Jim is right. It's a hard slog, but just enjoy the journey,

RSS