Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Leftsville on Kiawah 17

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 14 2010 4:20 PM (4 replies)
  • mrboo
    211 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 8:06 PM

So...Dunno if this is exactly a bug, but it isn't right, it's left! On the Par 3 17th at Kiawah I tend to hit left of perfect, there's a small pond to the right so call me crazy but I like to play it safe. But a lot of the time when I do this, it goes way way left. I'm talkin 20 - 30 ft left. For example I just hit the tee shot, it was 12 MPH upwind blowing right, I didn't aim, just left it on the flag and hit a little tiny fuzz left. It started WAY left and never came back, ended up well into the bunker left of the green. I've also had it go left on perfect hits, not crazy left, but not straight either. I guess it's better than going way right and ending up soggy. But there's definately a flaw on this hole. It happened when I used my tour starter hybrid, the taylormade hybrid, and now my rapture hybrid. And it happens probably 60% of the time.

tweet tweet

• spitz201
    46 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 8:47 PM

i find the wind in this game to be a lie most times...like if your playin into a 9mph wind i hit a 98yrd club 98yrds everytime

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 7:08 AM

Yeah I've found the wind can dictate the direction of the shot before it even leaves the club face.

But this is an exclusive and consistent problem I encounter on this hole in specific. Anyone else noticed this?

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 7:39 AM

i would attribute it to "the beast"...i personally have not noticed anything strange on K17.

but a similar story: twice in a row, playing the week 40 CTTH, i dinged 3W or 3H on #3 and they both pulled immediately on contact and proceeded into the front left bunker...i write these off as random beast sightings and move on (or restart in the case of a CTTH).

gl

• emaurer
    6 Posts
    Fri, May 14 2010 4:20 PM

I know I am replying to an old post, but... this happens to me everytime I play there!  I just got through there about 5 minutes ago.  wind is coming straight at me... I aim straight at the pin... the ball goes way left into the bunker!  WTF

RSS